• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream II pre-buy inspection?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So,we agree that there are other places to take your older Gulfstreams that can do the job professionally.

Stal6

I said there was one...

...and it's staffed by people Gulfstream should have never let leave.

GV

Stal6...I am just as much of a Gulfstream hater.

All I have to say is this COMSCAN.

To my knowledge, there is only one other COMSCAN machine that is not owned by Gulfstream and if I were the buyer of a GII/GIII, you better believe it will have to pass that inspection.

I use to work at Gulfstream and I was told by management not to accept any customers that wanted to come in just for a COMSCAN and no they will not loan it out.

Are you talking about the Gaspardo 3D component scanning device? I know the Big G got one of those when they bought KC Dallas.

GV

If I remember my history right there were 5 of the machines floating around, Gulfstream owned all of them and eventually three of them wound up being canibalized for parts to support the other two.
BUT!!!
I also heard the Privateair (SP?) in Ft. Lauderdale had bought a new one.

So, there is the possiblity of three machines.

Hey GVFLYER, try calling GAC and ask them if they can work you in for a COMSCAM with out any other major maintenance.
I would be very interested in knowing how hard that laugh now days.....probably can hear them from over here across the street.

Hey GVFLYER, try calling GAC and ask them if they can work you in for a COMSCAM with out any other major maintenance.
I would be very interested in knowing how hard that laugh now days.....probably can hear them from over here across the street.

Since he's a Gulfstream test pilot in Gulfstream Flight Ops at the aircraft manufacturing plant in Savannah, they might work him in.

No, I don't think so.
I will buy a round if GVFLYER can get a GII in to Dallas for nothing but the COMSCAN.

Sure, they will drop everything for a Flight Ops, heck, they have specific people on the crews that they pull just to take care of FLOPs.
What to talk about becoming a number instead of a valued customer? Just watch the guys on the maintenance crew start becoming fewer and fewer the more FLOPs show up, while you move to the back of the line.

Latest resources

Back