Gulfstream II pre-buy inspection?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

anon

We're looking for someone to perform a pre-buy inspection for a Gulfstream II in North Carolina.

Does anyone have some experienced contacts that could do the job?

Thanks.

Ummm....may I offer my $0.02 here?

First, I do not know too many Gulfstream places to go in N.C. so you will have to fly it somewhere to get it gone.

Second, if I am laying down the money to get a Tech Appraisal done one an older Gulfstream, I would take it to a place that is well known for Gulfstream maintenance.

I am guessing that you are the buyer?
You should be paying a flat rate for the appraisal and have no obligation towards the repairs on the aircraft.

Suggestion: Take it to a GDAS facility (Dallas, West Palm Beach, or Teterboro)
I may cost a little bit more for them to look at it but they have the most experience on GIIs. (FYI - GDAS is owned by Gulfstream).

There is my $0.02 worth, the rest will cost a dollar!

I have done a number of Pre-Buy (or Technical Evaluation) flights. It is worth the extra cost to have Gulfstream perform these evaluations. Trying to save money on a pre-buy is a false economy that will only bite you later.

GV

Trying to save money on a pre-buy is a false economy that will only bite you later.
GV

What he said....

You can either pay now....or pay twice later.....an aviation secret

Believe it or not there are people who have a lot of experience working on Gulfstream aircraft that do not work for Gulfstream Aerospace. They have the equipment and facilities to perform the tasks, some even specialize in G II per-buys and 72 month inspections.
Gulfstream is great if your aircraft is under warranty, but if not than it makes sense to shop around.
I think they should give some of you Tee-shirts for your blind faith in them.

Stal6

Believe it or not there are people who have a lot of experience working on Gulfstream aircraft that do not work for Gulfstream Aerospace. They have the equipment and facilities to perform the tasks, some even specialize in G II per-buys and 72 month inspections.
Gulfstream is great if your aircraft is under warranty, but if not than it makes sense to shop around.
I think they should give some of you Tee-shirts for your blind faith in them.

Stal6

Got a tee-shirt.

Test pilots at Gulfstream are generally the product of a military test pilot school or the National Test Pilot School and all are FAA qualified test pilots with authority to issue Certificates of Airworthiness for Gulfstream aircraft. About half are FAA DARs.

Of 18 test pilots at Gulfstream Flight Ops only 5 are allowed to keep current in the G1159 so as to maintain a high level of currency in the aircraft.

I have flown scores of G-IIs and G-IIIs (as have the other TPs) so I have a pretty good yardstick against which to measure an aircraft on a technical evaluation.

Gulfstream TPs have the advantage of generally being able to pull out the Production Test Cards from when the aircraft earned its C of A when new, in addition to having access to all subsequent maintenance actions.

Gulfstream technicians also have the advantage of working with Gulfstream products on a daily basis and all must meet Cotton Hope’s Gulfstream training requirements as well as Flight Safety International’s.

I have been sent out as the hired gun from Savannah to perform the flight portion of Pre-Buys for non-GD maintenance operations.

Of these I would only recommend Private Sky Aviation at Fort Myers, FL (RSW). I worked with Private Sky’s Royce Stevens, Tony Singletary, and John Davis when they were at Gulfstream. They are top notch.

GV

~

Last edited:
Of these I would only recommend Private Sky Aviation at Fort Myers, FL (RSW). I worked with Private Sky’s Royce Stevens, Tony Singletary, and John Davis when they were at Gulfstream. They are top notch.

GV

So,we agree that there are other places to take your older Gulfstreams that can do the job professionally.

Stal6

Stal6...I am just as much of a Gulfstream hater.

All I have to say is this COMSCAN.

To my knowledge, there is only one other COMSCAN machine that is not owned by Gulfstream and if I were the buyer of a GII/GIII, you better believe it will have to pass that inspection.

I use to work at Gulfstream and I was told by management not to accept any customers that wanted to come in just for a COMSCAN and no they will not loan it out.

Latest resources

Back