• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream fined $1.3M for faking pilot records

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When GIA and GTA is viewed through the lens of the unfettered free market, what is the problem....? GIA and GTA are great capitialistic entities. Captitalism is great for America....

Are you saying you are for govt intervention and regulation...... are you calling for more govt here?
Capitalism only works well when all parties involved are honest and are fully aware of the terms of a transaction. One of the only true roles of government is to keep people and companies honest. GIA passengers have been deceived; this would be a good role for regulation--just let people know what they are getting for their money.

Gulfstream is a joke, PFT is a joke. Anyone who takes a fast track or a short cut like that in life is a joke. A pilot knows nothing a 250 ours. A CA knows nothing about being a CA when the ink on his atp is drying when they start #1 for his first leg of IOE. The truth of the matter is no matter how good someone holds your hand during training or IOE, without real world experience you are going to be crap on the line. As for peaknuckle those two guys were retarded, the colgan guys may have been legit on fatigue, but the lack of experience was also a big factor. I don't agree with PFT at all, I didn't take the short cut and wasn't afforded any preference because I didn't have the money. I don't think money should buy you a job. Oh well what the hell do I know.

If he would have went the PFt route he would be a lot further in his career than puttin around at 16,000 ft at 6000 hours. He has probably never even used a HF radio. Probably has DUIs or something and he can't progress. A lot of these guys that dump on Pfters are insecure about their own careers and it makes them feel better to crap on others. LOSER

Never used an HF radio before? Oh my God, that makes you SO hardcore! You're so old school, I bet you've hand flown an ILS with NO flight director !!! How do you do it!?
I bet you're the kind fo guy who walks into the crew room, plops down on the couch and starts complaining that the AP was defered and that you had to hand fly that whole 30 minute leg!
Don't you ever walk in here and assume anyones situation. You're the one who couldn't hack doing what it takes to build time, so you cracked open mommy and daddys check book.

Now gulfstream still found a way to keep PFT going for them selfs by putting 250hr pilots in the right seat. Now days we have 250hr pilots in the right seat of E-175's and CRJ-900's! Would you rather have a 250hr pilot in a 1900 or a 76 seat jet?

There's a difference.

GIA SELLS these seats to 250 hr pilots who probably can't get in as a new hire elsewhere. All others HIRE 250 hr pilots. The incentive being MONEY - not skill or qualification, albeit low time.

For your own edification...

Now gulfstream still found a way to keep PFT going for them selfs by putting 250hr pilots in the right seat. Now days we have 250hr pilots in the right seat of E-175's and CRJ-900's! Would you rather have a 250hr pilot in a 1900 or a 76 seat jet?

The correct grammar would be "themselves."

Oh how soon we forget! ASA,Comair,CoEX and a bunch of other were all PFT back in the day when there was a surplus of pilots. Now that there is a shortage they all dropped the PFT. Im sure that there are a ton of late 90's new hires that would think different of your scam idea. So i guess all these airlines are scams? Now gulfstream still found a way to keep PFT going for them selfs by putting 250hr pilots in the right seat. Now days we have 250hr pilots in the right seat of E-175's and CRJ-900's! Would you rather have a 250hr pilot in a 1900 or a 76 seat jet?

Does this make you feel better for paying for your job?
In the end, I'd rather have a 250 hour pilot in a highly automated airplane, rather than a dinosaur like the 1900.
Plus the captain of the jet is more likely to have some actual flight time, and not a GIA PFT'er as well. So if something were to happen, he could sniff out the problem before it occurs. Where as the GIA crew, chances are you have two guys who paid for all their flight time to get there ASAP, and not know their head from a hole in the wall.

Should Spirit fire the five or six guys they hired straight from Riddle? 0 turbine time! Are they scumbags too? They got lucky, anyone of us would jump on that if they had the chance. Keep in mind lots of people worked at GIA and did not PFT. If someone offered you a job when you were instructing working at GIA as a new hire, not PFT would you have turned it down? Not bashing just curious how many would REALLY say no. How about a poll?

In the end Gulfstream will do what all airlines do when they get fined by the FAA, they will appeal the fine and after the initial media attention wears off the matter will be settled for pennies on the dollar or a change in company procedures/oversight that will satisfy the matter with no fine. The FAA has no interest in putting airlines out of business because airlines provide cushy jobs for FAA employees. There are probably 5 FAA employees making between 75-95K working bankers hours to "oversee" the GA certificate.

Latest resources

Back