• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream fined $1.3M for faking pilot records

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just another nail in the coffin for Gulfstream. That place is a joke. Anyone associated with that place is tainted for life.

Good! They deserve it. That's what you get for taking shortcuts in life.

MEMO: To ALL Gulfstream Koolaid Drinkers:

Ummm....I think their licenses were issued by the same authority that your licenses were issued. I think you need to recollect your thoughts and try that one again.
We all know how licenses are issued. Do you have any idea how the process works? Designated Examiners issue boatloads of certificates hand over fist at that place. They are turning them over like a factory. This is how the pilot mills work. They send hundreds if not thousands of students to these Examiners who in turn pass the majority of them making big bucks in the process. If an Examiner began failing multiple students from that academy, Gulfstream would just send their students to someone else.

It still amazes me that there are still people who are defending a place like Gulfstream Academy. Are you kidding me. As I have stated time and time again: That place is scamming people left and right. If you can convince a person to pay $ to sit in the right seat of a 121 operation....that is called a SCAM. Period. No debate. They market the scam as "paying for real airline experience." But the truth is you are being scammed as the owners laugh all the way to the bank. People need to wake up.
Bottom line, if you attend GA or are affiliated with it in any way or in any capacity, you are the laughing stock of the industry. That is the truth. You are not, and will not ever have the respect of the professional pilot groups in this industry. That's a fact.
Those of you defending that joke of a training school: WAKE UP!

Scam? No. If Gulfstream can convince you to pay to fly their airplanes, you are a damn fool.

What about the Comair pilots who did the same thing? Tainted for life?

Of course not silly! They have been absolved by the authority vested in FI.com of all that messy stuff. Now it's GIA folks. Oh, and Gojets. Oops, almost forgot, Mesa too.

Yup, those are all the people who will never get a job in this town again! Seriously!

Oh, almost forgot, I think Great Lakes is on the no-no list too now. Something about not having the spine to strike over only having one set of approach plates or something...

Maybe we should have a sticky thread with a up to date list of the airlines people aren't allowed to have worked for.

We all know how licenses are issued. Do you have any idea how the process works? Designated Examiners issue boatloads of certificates hand over fist at that place. They are turning them over like a factory. This is how the pilot mills work. They send hundreds if not thousands of students to these Examiners who in turn pass the majority of them making big bucks in the process. If an Examiner began failing multiple students from that academy, Gulfstream would just send their students to someone else.

It still amazes me that there are still people who are defending a place like Gulfstream Academy. Are you kidding me. As I have stated time and time again: That place is scamming people left and right. If you can convince a person to pay $ to sit in the right seat of a 121 operation....that is called a SCAM. Period. No debate. They market the scam as "paying for real airline experience." But the truth is you are being scammed as the owners laugh all the way to the bank. People need to wake up.
Bottom line, if you attend GA or are affiliated with it in any way or in any capacity, you are the laughing stock of the industry. That is the truth. You are not, and will not ever have the respect of the professional pilot groups in this industry. That's a fact.
Those of you defending that joke of a training school: WAKE UP!

When GIA and GTA is viewed through the lens of the unfettered free market, what is the problem....? GIA and GTA are great capitialistic entities. Captitalism is great for America....

Are you saying you are for govt intervention and regulation...... are you calling for more govt here?

You are clueless! Gulfstream does not even give out pilot certificates! Sounds more like your bashing ATP and those pilot schools. Maybe before you try and bash a subject maybe you should try and do some research on the subject first.

Yes I flew a E-120 for Gulfstream a long time ago. Do I regret doing it....nope not at all. Training department was fine. Just as good or better than any other carrier I have trained with since then. Remember there are A LOT of ex gulfstream pilots out there. I will defend that gulfstream training or operations had nothing to do with any of the previous crashes. Just 2 pilots that didnt do the right thing. But I will not defend the company. I quit there for just the reasons they got fined for. Maint was scary. Write ups would get signed off with out ever being worked on and other issues like that. Im glad thay got fined. Should of happened a long time ago. The whole flight ops managment department was a freaking circus show! And by that I really think some of them are in the circus......

Well right or wrong, GIA pilots are building a legacy of involvement with fatal air crashes. It could be that GIA is flooding the Regional industry with pilots and if there is an accident it is probable that a GIA pilot is onboard (probably), or that GIA pilots never got the chance to develop aeronautical decision making in the real world (who knows). Or just coincidence(maybe).

When GIA and GTA is viewed through the lens of the unfettered free market, what is the problem....? GIA and GTA are great capitialistic entities. Captitalism is great for America....

Are you saying you are for govt intervention and regulation...... are you calling for more govt here?
If they are breaking the law, then of course the Feds should jump in. They are carrying the public. I think history will show that paying to sit in the right is bad for the industry as a whole. Passengers are NOT safe on Gulfstream Airplanes. Continenal should pull the plug ASAP. Gulfstream is falsifiying pilot records and has shown a history of illegal training practices. Would you put your loved ones on that B1900? Of course not. This world will be a much better place when Gulfstream finally is forced to close its doors like Jet University. The "Bad Guys" always lose in the end. Again, those that are blind and continue to preach the praises of that illegal operation, you are wrong again. How many dead Gulfstream Pilots do you need before you wake up. Get a clue.

Last edited:
You are clueless! Gulfstream does not even give out pilot certificates! Sounds more like your bashing ATP and those pilot schools. Maybe before you try and bash a subject maybe you should try and do some research on the subject first.

Yes I flew a E-120 for Gulfstream a long time ago. Do I regret doing it....nope not at all. Training department was fine. Just as good or better than any other carrier I have trained with since then. Remember there are A LOT of ex gulfstream pilots out there. I will defend that gulfstream training or operations had nothing to do with any of the previous crashes. Just 2 pilots that didnt do the right thing. But I will not defend the company. I quit there for just the reasons they got fined for. Maint was scary. Write ups would get signed off with out ever being worked on and other issues like that. Im glad thay got fined. Should of happened a long time ago. The whole flight ops managment department was a freaking circus show! And by that I really think some of them are in the circus......
My point exactly! Why am I not surprised that another former GIAer is defending the training operations at GIA. What a big surprise. You just can't let it go. It's okay to be honest with yourself. That's part of the healing process. We all make mistakes in our pilot journey. But you can't move forward until you admit you were dooped into one of the greatest scams of our generation. Let me put it this way: You are wrong and the rest of the clear thinking folks are right. That place needs to be shut down yesterday! Period.

Latest resources

Back