• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream fined $1.3M for faking pilot records

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My point exactly! Why am I not surprised that another former GIAer is defending the training operations at GIA. What a big surprise. You just can't let it go. It's okay to be honest with yourself. That's part of the healing process. We all make mistakes in our pilot journey. But you can't move forward until you admit you were dooped into one of the greatest scams of our generation. Let me put it this way: You are wrong and the rest of the clear thinking folks are right. That place needs to be shut down yesterday! Period.

Oh how soon we forget! ASA,Comair,CoEX and a bunch of other were all PFT back in the day when there was a surplus of pilots. Now that there is a shortage they all dropped the PFT. Im sure that there are a ton of late 90's new hires that would think different of your scam idea. So i guess all these airlines are scams? Now gulfstream still found a way to keep PFT going for them selfs by putting 250hr pilots in the right seat. Now days we have 250hr pilots in the right seat of E-175's and CRJ-900's! Would you rather have a 250hr pilot in a 1900 or a 76 seat jet?

We all make mistakes in our pilot journey.

Says the guys with 6000+hrs in a SAAB? What not cut out for the majors or would they just not hire you?

If they are breaking the law, then of course the Feds should jump in.

Depends on the Admin... labor and other laws and often ignored foe the benefit of consumerism.

They are carrying the public. I think history will show that paying to sit in the right is bad for the industry as a whole.

For whom? The revenue generators? We already accept a level of fatalities on the highway.

Passengers are NOT safe on Gulfstream Airplanes. Continenal should pull the plug ASAP. Gulfstream is falsifiying pilot records and has shown a history of illegal training practices. Would you put your loved ones on that B1900? Of course not. This world will be a much better place when Gulfstream finally is forced to close its doors like Jet University. The "Bad Guys" always lose in the end. Again, those that are blind and continue to preach the praises of that illegal operation, you are wrong again. How many dead Gulfstream Pilots do you need before you wake up. Get a clue.

Colgan probbably is a good deal for CAL... better than XJT.

Look, pilots, when they become consumers in other industries want the max for the min. So why do you expect passengers to be any different. Safety is not the pax's problem.....

I agree with you, just presenting a different perspective...

Says the guys with 6000+hrs in a SAAB? What not cut out for the majors or would they just not hire you?

If he would have went the PFt route he would be a lot further in his career than puttin around at 16,000 ft at 6000 hours. He has probably never even used a HF radio. Probably has DUIs or something and he can't progress. A lot of these guys that dump on Pfters are insecure about their own careers and it makes them feel better to crap on others. LOSER

They could get shut down. Remember now the families of all the people that died in those crashes will now line up and sue the crap out of Gulfstream Academy.

I see a bunch of folks jumping ship over there very soon.

I read the USA article, but I never found that Gulfstream airlines was at no fault, and they don't even have Q400 airplanes, I don't see any conection here... I am sorry I just had to say something... they are two differnent companies and they don't even opearte the same routes.

sorry Wsurf, but I just don't see any conection to the article between Colgan and Gulfstream..

I read the USA article, but I never found that Gulfstream airlines was at no fault, and they don't even have Q400 airplanes, I don't see any conection here... I am sorry I just had to say something... they are two differnent companies and they don't even opearte the same routes.

sorry Wsurf, but I just don't see any conection to the article between Colgan and Gulfstream..
You have to draw your own conclusion. The common thread amongst almost all of the recent regional crashes is they had Gulfstream trained pilots on board, and the crashes were due specifically to faulty airmanship. To spell it out for you, if their foundation of training was not solid, it would explain the large coincidence. Is that really the case? It's up to the reader to decide. I don't see any problem with giving everyone the facts and letting the market decide.

Scam? No. If Gulfstream can convince you to pay to fly their airplanes, you are a damn fool.
The scam is not on the paying passenger in the right seat, as he knows what he is getting into. The real scam is on the paying passengers in the back, who are unaware of the training taking place on their flight. I believe in full disclosure: tell the passengers when they purchase their tickets. That way, no scam, and the market will kill this scumbag outfit. At least these articles are starting to let the public know what it is they are really buying.

Latest resources

Back