• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Down in the South of France?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A 3rd pilot always makes any flight that much safer. That's not to say they should have had 3 pilots, but we don't know where their flight originated from. We just know about nice to the french airport. If they had a third pilot that got off in niece, that tells me that he was onboard because of a long duty or flight day

Someone needs to make this ignorant b@stard famous. VIP Jet Captain Brent Coleman is an accident investigator now? He seems to know exactly what happened. You see, he knows the ujet ownership, so what he says must be the way it is. He also knows their insurers. Hmmm. So he knows each entity that the underwriter uses to spread the risk? Sure Brent. You letter impressed all of us!!!!

In a separate statement, Captain Brent Coleman, the chief pilot with an executive jet charter service, who has logged over 30,000 hours of flight time, offered his views on this accident in an email message sent on Tuesday, July 17, 2012. His remarks follow:

"Hello. I am an International VIP jet Captain/Chief Pilot. Le Castellet is one of our frequent stops. Very nice facility and long runway. Knowing the Ujet staff and ownership, even their insurer, I must say this has to be placed first at the hands of the Captain. High performance jet procedures will allow for a go around should the approach become unstable."

"As a rule, repositioning flights are not any different than revenue legs. In this case, maybe the copilot was getting some hands on experience. If the Captain did not react soon enough to add power and lift off again after landing long, the rest is history, unfortunately. Not the airplane's fault. This is the last thing that can happen with all the procedures followed. Kind, sad regards."

Last edited:
giv

This VIP Jet Captain is a pathetic individual with a lesser moral compass than most South Florida charter operators.

Really...he retired from American after 30 years...must have been a real bad guy...do you feel better now after making your comment about a man that has passed away?

targeted post

Of course I was speaking of Coleman.

God Bless the crew and their families; trajedy can happen to any of us at any time.

Last edited:
Pilot error, it's obvious. I have no problem saying that. That's what it smells like and looks like. People at the airport said they came in what looked normal except they were going to touch down beyond the halfway point. Many eye witnesses.

That's it. No go around = crash.

Latest resources

Back