• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Show me a single one that cost $100k for flight instruction to get a commercial cert. I got my commercial for about $20k.
Well, I can't show him to you, nor divulge his name (out of respect for him, nor would the moderators allow it), but I can say that he's sitting right next to me at the moment and went to ERAU, and he claims that he knows plenty of others who did the same.

BTW, I got mine for just over $20K too, but that was before gas prices went up and I had to be a club member to get a 172 for $35 an hour and an instructor for $20 an hour. Heck, I could get dual in a C310 for cheaper than my students pay for dual in a C172.

You ever notice they haven't changed those smiling pilots on their site? Same goes with DCA. GTA is such a despicable school, when are people going to learn. Who ever thought you'd have to earn the right to fly an airliner??

it seems that all the DCA guys are going to GTA... so you see a pattern there? only smile faces on both places!

Show me a single one that cost $100k for flight instruction to get a commercial cert. I got my commercial for about $20k.

so how is the life of Part 91? hehe..... flying a lot? how long will it take you youto get the real experience of 121?

if you like instructing more power to you, we need a lot of instructors like you! willing an able to suck it up!

icon26.gif

Hey Mexican, are you one of those smiling faces on their website with a whole 250 hours of 1900 SIC under your belt?

...and Gulfstream needs more guys like you willing to suck up your cash for your "dream" job. :laugh:

You post was believable up until this time. No one can get a Commercial certificate with just 150 hours, not under Part 61, nor 141.

Nothing to see here...

Not to defend the GIA pukes, however......

I beg to differ......

I did my PVT at 43 hours with a DPE, my Instr at 111 hours, my COMM SEL with a Fed at 161 hours, my CFI at 192, my CFII with a DPE at 207, my ME Add-On at 226, and my MEI with a Fed at 242 hours. If I hadn't of entered the 141 facility with almost 70 hours post PVT and flown on the side for fun, it would have been much less.

Latest resources

Back