• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Airlines to Major?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A good friend of mine just got hired at SWA... Told him my company may be going belly up and I was looking for somewhere to go.. "Ahh, let me put you in touch with a guy in my class who was from Gulfstream..."

Also, my pops had an FO a few months back who was.. from Gulfstream...

Sounds like there is no hope for the GIA kids.. ;)

They will be Pilots maybe about 100 of them will go bye bye!

This isn't high school anymore, I think we all care less about what others think of us. That added respect doesn't pay bills or the like.

I think the more credible side of things is how you'll look back and see your career progression- what amount of self dignity you have.

I know of a GoJets guy who made it to Delta, I wonder if when that guy retires if he'll look back and feel good about what he did.

Not trying to compare the two, but especially now with no one except 1 hiring, you're not going to get the fast track to a mainline gig much right now.

(A bunch of guys go from GIA to SWA? All that pay and then continuing to PFT by forking over another 7k for a type....wow, wish I had their parents)

I guess they paid for your 737 type when you got hired at SWA. oh I get it now its ok to PFT at SWA but not any other airline.

Exactly! I love it when I hear someone trying to rationalize how the type is not PFT.

I can't stand that type of place that takes advantage of mostly younger guys/gals who love to fly and will do anything to get there. Those that are in the actual hiring circles, almost certainly will not hold it against you. I would recommend other places though it seems many reginals are hurting for pilots.

Not true guys,
I worked there, FO and up. I'm with AirTran now on the left seat and nobody has ever made me feel bad or made a comment against it. I had my reasons to do it and it worked the way I wanted it to.
No black mark or nothing. The cool dudes are my friends...

Latest resources

Back