Gulfstream Airlines Plane Lands With Flat Tire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The_Russian said:
Whats with all these Shiny Jet Syndrome wanna-be's poking fun at others? You can't be happy with your permanent FO position at your 20 dollar-an-hour job?
I fly a 1900 and I think you are a whore too!!!!!
And the FO thing wasn't so permanent!!!!
Maybe I have "mostly beat-up turboprop syndrome"!!!

wow.....so funny that a few weeks ago, a similar situation happened with xjet, no bashin there, but here.........whats up with that?

job well done to the gulfstream crew!!

added bashing the moron who never gets laid

Id rather get paid 23 an hr in my first year and 30's in my second than PAY 30,000k TO FLY A BEECH 1900 and be a flight attendant for 250 hrs. How much do u make as a BEECH 1900 CA at guflstream again??????
And you think that it is better to accept a job at more than 50% sub par wage than to pay money as PART OF YOUR PRIMARY TRAINING COST and recieve the highest pay industry wide for your type aircraft? Are you on crazy pills? Good luck upgrading in 15 years.

BTW I can make up to 60K a year as a Captain if I worked my butt off. 40K taking it easy. Kinda the same as your aircraft pay.

60K- 8-10 days off
40K- 15 days off ( and I can get that and more every month)

My total training cost is less than 50K. That includes Private-CFII and GTA program. My degree will cost around 20K (still workin on it)

So what are your numbers? Let me guess.....120K to Riddle, another 20K to finish flight training where Riddle left off, and a five year FO job only to be traded to the lowest bidder later. Oops, sorry! Or maybe you just spent 80K at DCI or FSI and think you know it all now! Which is exactly how you act!

Last edited:
The_Russian said:
And you think that it is better to accept a job at more than 50% sub par wage than to pay money as PART OF YOUR PRIMARY TRAINING COST and recieve the highest pay industry wide for your type aircraft? Are you on crazy pills? Good luck upgrading in 15 years.

BTW I can make up to 60K a year as a Captain if I worked my butt off. 40K taking it easy. Kinda the same as your aircraft pay.

60K- 8-10 days off
40K- 15 days off ( and I can get that and more every month)

My total training cost is less than 50K. That includes Private-CFII and GTA program. My degree will cost around 20K (still workin on it)

So what are your numbers? Let me guess.....120K to Riddle, another 20K to finish flight training where Riddle left off, and a five year FO job only to be traded to the lowest bidder later. Oops, sorry! Or maybe you just spent 80K at DCI or FSI and think you know it all now! Which is exactly how you act!

People still doing "primary training" should NOT be hauling passengers for a part 121 carrier.

GIA for a while were trying to get people to pay their way into captain too. you would pay 30 grand to be fo or pay 60 and they would make you captain.

GIA wanted to be an ALL PFT AIRLINE. Are the FA's pfts?

Russian-

Let it go. You're going to have an aneurysm. Remember:

- No company will EVER hire you if you have worked there.
- No one leaves the place to go anywhere decent.
- The skills you develop at a place like GIA will not make you a better "systems manager", only a better "pilot"

And yes, I believe the F/A's are PFT as well as the CFO. Oh, and a few of the schedulers and dispatchers as well. And maybe a maintenance guy and a gate agent. But I'm not sure.

Q/F

Last edited:
skytrash969 said:
wow.....so funny that a few weeks ago, a similar situation happened with xjet, no bashin there, but here.........whats up with that?

The PFT f/O probably screwed up the T/o

skytrash969 said:

The 120 sure looked like it had tires. What was the problem?

The XJT aircraft had no left main tires. Huge difference.

Its was an old ASA aircraft. It was already worn out when they got it. What else do you expect?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back