• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Airlines Plane Lands With Flat Tire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does he have to pay an extra 10K for real emergency training?

Sorry.. had to :)

The_Russian said:
And you think that it is better to accept a job at more than 50% sub par wage than to pay money as PART OF YOUR PRIMARY TRAINING COST and recieve the highest pay industry wide for your type aircraft? Are you on crazy pills? Good luck upgrading in 15 years.

BTW I can make up to 60K a year as a Captain if I worked my butt off. 40K taking it easy. Kinda the same as your aircraft pay.

60K- 8-10 days off
40K- 15 days off ( and I can get that and more every month)

My total training cost is less than 50K. That includes Private-CFII and GTA program. My degree will cost around 20K (still workin on it)

So what are your numbers? Let me guess.....120K to Riddle, another 20K to finish flight training where Riddle left off, and a five year FO job only to be traded to the lowest bidder later. Oops, sorry! Or maybe you just spent 80K at DCI or FSI and think you know it all now! Which is exactly how you act!

Which major does your daddy work for?

BTW, FO in a 121 operation is NOT part of PRIMARY FLIGHT TRAINING. There are jobs out there that pay you to perform those duties. There are no jobs that pay someone to build cross country time or get a certificate. That is why it's called PRIMARY training....of which 121 flying is not.

And before you ask, I can get it up just fine, I work 1/2 as much as you and make twice as much. And I work for a regional.

Now I see why the surveys that list flight instructor pay were so inflated..... At say 50K per Gulfstream instructor... er .. "captain"...that's a big bump to the typical 15K instructor...

More comments spoken proudly by my fellow members at the After School Airline....

I can think of several of our fellow pilots (capts & f/os) that are all former members of "The Stream," should ASA not have hired them as well?

Ignorance is bliss...

mckpickle said:
And before you ask, I can get it up just fine, I work 1/2 as much as you and make twice as much. And I work for a regional.

When ExpressJet goes tango uniform, you will work 100% less, although unemployment pays better than GIA.

More comments spoken proudly by my fellow members at the After School Airline....

I can think of several of our fellow pilots (capts & f/os) that are all former members of "The Stream," should ASA not have hired them as well?

Ignorance is bliss...

Nor Cal.........

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!

OK!!!!

Snake!

GO AROUND said:
Its was an old ASA aircraft. It was already worn out when they got it. What else do you expect?

Yep N283AS... Got a few hours in that one. Seemed like that had very little airflow in the cockpit with a post mod, mod of it's electrical system. No wait, that was all of them..

I flew on Gulfstream a few weeks ago from Tampa to Key West on a 1900. I was impressed. From the gate agents to the flight crew, to the flight itself, it was very smooth and professional. I have flown on a few so-called "real" regionals, that I can safely say, were not as professionally operated.

And no, I do not work, or have ever worked for Gulfstream.

AK

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back