Gulfsteram Intl.... Street Captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No training contract as far as I know.

Street hire captain weren't given any contract and have not heard of any since.

I think there may be a slight missunderstanding of flying 120 hours. You can easily credit 120 to 130 hours of credit since you are paid the better of 4 hours / scheduled flight time / actual flight time / 1/2 duty pay. So if you work 13 hours you will get at least 6.5 hours of pay or flight time if higher.

With 120 hours of credit you can fly 85 to 90 hours a month with 9 or 10 days off.

I know there are some checkairman crediting 140s plus but difficult unless you want 4 days off a month.

Most lines are 11(the min.) to 16 days off. Average is prob. 13 days off, with 85hours of credit. If you work another 4 days you can credit 110+. Open time within 3 days is paid at 6hr min.

More than 1/2 paycheck have errors .5 hours to 8 or 9 hours. You have to fight for every extra .5 hr of pay and union has no backing to go in and fix things. There is no sick pay except to bring you up to monthly scheduled and we are even fighting for that since co. want to bring you up to the min. 75 hours only. They only see it as an insurance policy, eventhough you still have to pay for short term and long term dissability.

Medical is 250 to 600+ /mo for family and is very limited with very expensive co-pays on perscriptions. A family of 4 can run an easy $1000/mo.

The company is in the bottom of the 121 field as other 1900 operators. You can get good hours quick but there is no fair treatment of pilot group. Saying any more would just be a rant.

Come get good stick time in sunny, hot, FL, but remember there is a mutual using situation here, you get flight time they use and abuse you for all they can. Please don't complain once here as it doen't help the rest of us.

There are hiring a lot of Street Captains with a variety of backgrounds, some with only 172 time.

Best of luck.

Do they get pissed if you stick a 396 on the panel with XM's NEXRAD on it during flight? I'm assuming the planes aren't glass cockpits with the latest and greatest.

Ill be in the 11th class as of now. Interview? 2 mins long, followed by a handshake and welcome. The other fellow and I got the same actually. We both had equell total time and BE 1900 time.. I was told the MIMS for Left Seat is ATP multiengine standards,.= or have the fkight time and a written ATP. The check ride will take care of your ATP by default. The meet and greet with Tom, the DO introduced us to the Chief Pilot (friendly but all business) then we were off to pee in a cup. Once we did that, upstairs for Human Resource paperwork, Ya Know? work HX of 10 years? FAA certs and Medical, log books, and stacked application which takes about 2 hours if you have you personnel notes, certs, loggs, ect. All Captain ( i was told) will be in class at Gulfstream Academy for 121 Indoc and systems, BE1900 sim in Orlando, or Witchita KS I was told I can max out on my duty time with the amount of cpt lines and still leave the bid due to duty times SWEET!

the commute to FLL MIA from DFW

So what are the best commuting routes to MIA FLL to and from DFW,? which ones are empty? any help would be awsome! I am starting at Gulfstream. Yes! they are hiring street captains!

Wondering about commutability myself.

How are the lines for that, and how quick to holding one?

Gulfsteram Intl....

I think their interview starts with a written test followed by a spelling check. ;)

Dave Attells brother did work at Gulfstream not sure if he still does though. Nothing like his brother.

Latest resources

Back