• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfsteram Intl.... Street Captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not told a whole lot. I was out of town and am supposed to call back for the interview. Like I said, still trying to decide what I want to do. Enjoying making a lot of money right now. (I have absolutely no desire to fly jets as an FO...this is the only airline job I am considering)

Anybody gonna be in the June 11th class? Got the offer, but still thinking it over. Can any GIA pilot confirm that you can work up to 120 hours on the B1900?

yes

yes you can do 120 a month since the 1900 is certified for single pilot ops (135) we do it at air middie....I did 119.8 one month.

yes you can do 120 a month since the 1900 is certified for single pilot ops (135) we do it at air middie....I did 119.8 one month.

I thought it had more to do with the less than 30 seats thing. 120 in a month and 1200 in a year. Any passenger carrier flying aircraft with 30 seats or less can comply with 121.470, which directs you to 135.265. Besides, isn't the single pilot ops on a 1900 in the cargo configuration only?

Last edited:
to carry pax under 135 you need over 100 hrs and an autopilot. if not you need an fo. also if you have more than 9 seats an fo is needed too.

If you people come to GIA you better join the union and keep it strong or you will be fired well short of a thousand PIC.

Can any GIA pilot confirm that you can work up to 120 hours on the B1900?

You can, and you will whether you like it or not. This place is so short on poelpe (that would explain the 17 hour turn around time after submitting a resume). I am on pace to hit my 1000 hours PIC in less than 11 months. Scheduling will call you up to 5 times a day starting at 430 am on your days off, then you might get the occasional call from a crew scheduler from thier personal cell phone tricking you so they can junior man you. After you unvoluntarily fly 119.9 hours that month you will then find that your paycheck is way less than what it should be, not to mention not knowing your next months schedule until two days before the month starts. All that aside, a great place to work, best 1900 contract in the industry (when enforced), schedules not too bad, the flying is great and quick time build if thats what your looking for.

You can, and you will whether you like it or not. This place is so short on poelpe (that would explain the 17 hour turn around time after submitting a resume). I am on pace to hit my 1000 hours PIC in less than 11 months. Scheduling will call you up to 5 times a day starting at 430 am on your days off, then you might get the occasional call from a crew scheduler from thier personal cell phone tricking you so they can junior man you. After you unvoluntarily fly 119.9 hours that month you will then find that your paycheck is way less than what it should be, not to mention not knowing your next months schedule until two days before the month starts. All that aside, a great place to work, best 1900 contract in the industry (when enforced), schedules not too bad, the flying is great and quick time build if thats what your looking for.
Or, you could be like me and credit 157 and only get termination threats because the management can't follow the rules the the FAA set for them in our Ops Specs.

It's the pilots themselves who must know and enforce the contract. No one will enforce it for you. The reason they get away with treating us so bad is because less than half of the pilots are in the union. On top of that, most of the pilots let the company do whatever they want to them.

The place is short on people, so we have to stand strong together to get what we need. We also need to actively inform new pilots how "how it is", "how they (mngmt) are", and "how we must act".

Ruskie

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back