Guess who's hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
viper548 said:
why the hell would anyone with 1500/500 go there?

Not many are. Go Jet is recruiting at Purdue's Aviation Job Fair TOMORROW at 10:00, along with Trans States (so much for seperate companies). If you are a non-probationary pilot (ALPA or otherwise) and want to be proactive in educating the future of our industry about the dangers of alter-ego carriers like Go Jet, please feel free to stop by 'ol West Lafayette tomorrow and set up shop right beside the "Trans States Holdings" booth.

The libations at Harry's will be on me.

BoilerUP said:
Not many are. GJ is recruiting at Purdue's Aviation Job Fair TOMORROW at 10:00, along with Trans States (so much for seperate companies). If you are a non-probationary pilot (ALPA or otherwise) and want to be proactive in educating the future of our industry about the dangers of alter-ego carriers like GJ, please feel free to stop by 'ol West Lafayette tomorrow and set up shop right beside the "Trans States Holdings" booth.

The libations at Harry's will be on me.

Hey, Boiler - is Don Petrin still heading up the Av Tech department? I took some of the Av Tech courses as electives while I was in engineering and I thought Don was a great teacher.

Guitar Guy said:
Hey, Boiler - is Don Petrin still heading up the Av Tech department? I took some of the Av Tech courses as electives while I was in engineering and I thought Don was a great teacher.

DAP's still there, and I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. You make a good point that he is a great teacher, a skill which many professors (engineering and physucks come to mind) lack. I very much enjoyed flying the BE200/400A with him, and he went above and beyond to help me secure my Guard slot. Great group of people within that department, and they have heard *loudly* from us alums about allowing Go Jet to recruit. Fortunately, peer education has prevented any students from making the mistake of going there and has started many class discussions about ethics within our industry. I'm hoping the point is driven home tomorrow.

BoilerUP said:
DAP's still there, and I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. You make a good point that he is a great teacher, a skill which many professors (engineering and physucks come to mind) lack. I very much enjoyed flying the BE200/400A with him, and he went above and beyond to help me secure my Guard slot. Great group of people within that department, and they have heard *loudly* from us alums about allowing GJ to recruit. Fortunately, peer education has prevented any students from making the mistake of going there and has started many class discussions about ethics within our industry. I'm hoping the point is driven home tomorrow.

Thanks for the info on Don. I can remember being shocked by his humility in class. He'd sometimes ask questions of me because I was in engineering. I thought that spoke volumes about his humility, to ask a student a question that he wasn't certain about.

I hope you are right that G-J-ets gets a very cold reception tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back