Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyprdu

You Want This, Don't You.
If what people are saying is true, then this airplane is unsafe and needs to be grounded immediately.

The Q400 still has a lesser fail rate than the space shuttle or your xbox 360. One tragedy out of how many million successful flights doesn't quite require us to throw the whole airplane away.

You have to wonder now how close this airplane has been to tail stalling in every one of those other flights.

The length of this airplane combined with incredibly inadequate horizontal stab has been a ticking timebomb- that cost people their lives today.

Nobody knows the cause of the accident yet SFB!
The NTSB has come out already and given preliminary information regarding the details on the FDR and CVR. It's ok, Voltron, be able to make some reasonable assumptions about what has happened. If you knew anything, you'd realize this sounds like a textbook tail stall... and it points directly to how Bombardier has gotten overzealous with stretching their airplanes.

It makes you wonder how close these aircraft are close to tail stalling clean.

If what people are saying is true, then this airplane is unsafe and needs to be grounded immediately.

This would really hurt Horizon. Who else operates the Q400 in the U.S? I could just imagine the stupid questions and comments the crews of this airplane are getting from passengers. Anyone at Horizon know of any crews refusing to fly the 400 today? I would think a flight attendant or two would be calling in sick.

This would really hurt Horizon. Who else operates the Q400 in the U.S? I could just imagine the stupid questions and comments the crews of this airplane are getting from passengers. Anyone at Horizon know of any crews refusing to fly the 400 today? I would think a flight attendant or two would be calling in sick.

With people being as stupid as they are I'm sure every regional Pilot is facing these questions. I heard the news today implying that if Super Sully was on board things might be different.

Latest resources

Back