Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gropper rejects contract for FA gives them 14 days to impose a contract.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ils2minimums said:
A Northwest Jumpseater last weekend told us that NW has already trained replacement F/A's and management is actually WANTING the PFAA to walk out so they can bust their union like they did the mechanics... Have any of you Northwest guys heard this rumor?

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

I vote for the HOOTERS AIR gals to be the replacements if the FAs leave en masse.:)

Mgmt might have a hard time "busting the union", since PFAA is voting now to dump PFAA in favor of AFA. If AFA takes over, things get even MORE complicated.

Livin' the dream.....

320AV8R

ils2minimums said:
A Northwest Jumpseater last weekend told us that NW has already trained replacement F/A's and management is actually WANTING the PFAA to walk out so they can bust their union like they did the mechanics... Have any of you Northwest guys heard this rumor?

= True

jetflier said:
I think that no matter what happens, the NWA FA's will be leaving in large numbers due to the crappy contract they will be forced to take.

Even the NWA pilot group has seen an unbelievable amount of pilots leave the ranks, with many moving into other careers.

jetflier;

Sad but true. As nwa becomes one of the lower paid companies people just keep leaving.

It is not even the low pay but the distain that the company and even our own unions show toward the junior members.

"hey; if you don't like it quit" = translation "I'll still get mine"

It is a sad day when a 9 or 10 year pilot or fa quits a major airline beause

things just keep getting worse.

Dave B

320AV8R said:
WRV said that the FAs were gonna kick Steenland's ass... wonder what happened? :confused:

Hey junior,,,

The FA's voted down their shltty TA,,,you guys decided to grit your teeth and swallow a turd (probably "live to fight another day" was ringing in your ears when you guys voted). If I hear another ALPA dude tell me "live to fight another day" I will not be held responsible for my actions. Despicable.

No matter what happens to the FA's at this point they voted their conscience and didn't give-into fear mongering. Respectable. 80% demonstrates some gals making descent money voted to take a stand (unlike the upper 60% of your disgrace of a soon to be SCAB based airline pilot group). What did YOU guys accomplish? I didn't realize that least paid in the Industry was a negotiations goal? Your TA is despicable!

If ALL of your labor groups would of stuck together the shareholders would have ousted Steenland and Co before they would have let the airline fail. You guys should have been at the head of that charge ,,,but you didn't posses the foresight. SAD.

Oh by the way,,,if your ears are burning this weekend while your flying a shltty junior trip making regional wages over the 4th,,,it is because me and my com padres will be on my boat discussing the pink turd you fly for and how we are glad we didn't go/stay there.

YourPilotFriend said:
I laugh because people in other industries say they don't care about aviation. I tell them to wait, what's happening here today makes NWA the poster child for companies of the future. Just wait till next year when the automotive companies start digging into the UAW contracts. Oh are they going to get the shaft like no other.

First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left
to speak up for me.

Latest resources

Back