• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Grob spn coming to Alpha in 2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I spoke with someone recently about applying at Alpha and their thought was that they would be a jet captain elsewhere before they would even touch the jet at Alpha. That was from a pilot already there!!

I'd think Captains on that jet are probably going to need 1000 multi and maybe 500 jet to qualify. Just a guess based on what Netjets and the rest of the fracs/charters require. Would street hiring be necessary if that were the issue? If so, maybe their pay would have to come up in order to compete...? Might solve the attrition issue right there. Don't those costs ultimately get passed onto clients?

Any idea what the career track would be? Maybe Pilatus FO, Grob FO, Pilatus Captain and then Grob Captain?

Mr. I.

I spoke with someone recently about applying at Alpha and their thought was that they would be a jet captain elsewhere before they would even touch the jet at Alpha. That was from a pilot already there!!

Sounds about right.

They claim no street captains on the Grob will be needed; all upgrades from within. Upgrade path is supposedly PC-12 FO to PC-12 captain then Grob FO to Grob captain.

Currently the FO to captain position in the PC-12 goes by year in seat vs. year with company. The Grob upgrade path is supposed to go by year since PC-12 upgrade. This means a transitioning 3rd year PC-12 captain to Grob FO would be at 4th year Grob FO pay (around 60K), IIRC.

So are you saying 5 years with PlaneSense. 1 year PC-12 FO, upgrade to PC-12 CAPT for year 2 & 3, Grob FO year 4 at 60k, maybe Grob capt year 5..........salary would be? Competitors current salary structure which I anticipate to change if Netjets TA is approved.

Avantair P180 somewhat comparable airplane, but still a turboprop 5 year Capt.....$72k 7/7 schedule
Citationshares CJ3 very comparable aircraft, 5 year Capt.....$91k 7/7 schedule
Flexjet Lear 45 higher end jet??? Maybe, 5 year Capt.....$87,776 7/5 schedule
FlightOptions Hawker 400XP Salary Same class Aircraft 5 year Capt.....$66372 7/7 schedule
NetJets Hawker 400XP 5 year Capt.....currently $90k
PlaneSense 6/4 schedule......5 year Capt.....?

I would hope it would be somewhere close to 80+K for them to be competitive in the workforce marketplace especially with a 6/4 schedule. Otherwise they will be pulling from the weakest of the ranks. Any idea when the numbers will be announced?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back