• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Grob spn coming to Alpha in 2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great news indeed. Sure will make for a good stepping stone with 500 hours of Grob time to apply over to netjets with there new contract ;-). I'm sure that hasn't crossed any minds. Hopefully pay in the industry will follow, but I have my doubts. Something will have to give. Fortune cookie say "attrition rates will continue in lieu of the recent aircraft addition". Best of luck for those sticking it out!

At least those who choose to stick it out will get to fly a great performer. Sure, the PC12 is a great airplane in itself, but the Grob will be a big improvement. Good for them. Not everyone is interested in moving away from rural NH (although Netjets might have a BOS base if the new TA is passed).

What does a guy in the right seat of a Pilatus do?

Schedules are currently 6/4. 7/7 looks to be a future goal or so it has been communicated. It looks like the major reason, again as it has been communicated, is due to the staffing level. Hopefully with the jet prospect on the horizon attrition will decrease and more applicants will emerge.

Answer on the jet pay. It hasn't officially been released, but rumors say it will be at least 20% lower than current competitiors pay, 30+% if they get their TA approved. These rates are on comparative aircraft of course. (Beechjet-Hawker 400, CJ3).

Last edited:
Schedules are currently 6/4. 7/7 looks to be a future goal or so it has been communicated. It looks like the major reason, again as it has been communicated, is due to the staffing level. Hopefully with the jet prospect on the horizon attrition will decrease and more applicants will emerge.

Answer on the jet pay. It hasn't officially been released, but rumors say it will be at least 20% lower than current competitiors pay, 30+% if they get their TA approved. These rates are on comparative aircraft of course. (Beechjet-Hawker 400, CJ3).

Good luck trying to find experienced pilots out of the MHT/BOS and PDK domiciles for that pay when CS, Avantair and NJA (if the new TA passes) have domiciles in the same location... Low time pilots will be the only applicants and you want to keep some experienced pilots in the PC12s as the Grob fleet grows.

Sure, that Grob jet looks real cool and fun to fly, but I, and most sane people, would rather be paid much better to fly comparable or better aircraft for the other fractionals. Ideally, I would expect wages at least comparable to 400XP, CJ3 and P180 wages (not Falcon 2000 or Sovereign wages) to keep people in seat... Otherwise, attrition will always be a concern.

Latest resources

Back