Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Picture of Steve Wynn's New Gulfstream G650 - Gorgeous Airplane...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VMMC-KLAS is 6350 nm via great circle. Obviously it would depend on winds but Gulfstream has validated more than 5000 nm at .90M and just over 7000 nm at .85M so VERY rough math my WAG would be about 14-15 hours going and 12-13 hours coming home. Actual mileage (hourage?) may vary.

Eff that! I'll stick to my little plane. I agree that the 550 is a sexier bird.

It looks like the 650 replaced the 450 which has been re-numbered and, if I'm not mistaken, is now owned by the second-largest stockholder in the company.

And yes, the 650 will do Macau to Vegas. Standing on its head.

450 is a lease and will be turned in... the second largest stock holder got herself a late serial number GIV last year...

450 is a lease and will be turned in... the second largest stock holder got herself a late serial number GIV last year...

You are correct according to a more recent discussion I had with a friend who should know. But I forgot to ask what the characters on the tail mean....

It'll do the long legs when Gulfstream figures out how to get the main door closed with the aircraft full of fuel. Apparently a composite structure/strenghth issue. I apologize in advance if this issue has been resolved--------

You are correct according to a more recent discussion I had with a friend who should know. But I forgot to ask what the characters on the tail mean....

Yeah, being her pilot brings a certain knowledge of things... Still haven't seen the interior of the 650 yet though...

Cabin still feels like a tight Gulfstream cabin. However the one that we demoed was the most silent airplane I have ever been on in flight, I though our global was quiet but the 650 you could whisper on.
Boss decide to wait and see what Globals 7000 would look like.

Cabin still feels like a tight Gulfstream cabin. However the one that we demoed was the most silent airplane I have ever been on in flight, I though our global was quiet but the 650 you could whisper on.
Boss decide to wait and see what Globals 7000 would look like.

So, he's got 6 or 7 or 8 years to kill?

The 7000/8000 is nothing more than 1's and 0's in a computer at this point. I don't see that airplane flying for a looooong time.

Here's the major problem: The 6000 is a 99,000 lbs+ airplane. To compete against the 650, the 7000/8000 will need to add at LEAST 1000 miles in range. Where are they going to put the fuel? They HAVE to stay under 100,000 lbs to operate at TEB. Otherwise, it just ISN'T viable as a bizjet.

If they go clean-sheet on the design, it will add YEARS to the development schedule. I just can't see Bombardier delivering on the marketing promises of the 7000/8000 by the end of this decade.

Latest resources

Back