• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great news UPS rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The SDF domestic 757/767 domicile serves the lower 48 states. The SDFZ 757/767 international domicile serves practically the entire worldwide route system.

Im not that happy with these numbers

I might be wrong, but I cant see a vacancy bid coming out and there only being 1 757 SDFZ FO. Seems kinda low. I thought we are growing internationaly?

Unless there are alot of people going to bypass upgrade from the backseat to the right seat, and if these numbers are correct, it will still not come close to the new hires, and I mean the new hires from 2001...

Not sure how it works as far as this actually equalling 120 FO's. For the sake of those of us that have been waiting on a right seat here for many years, I hope the numbers are higher...

BBDC8

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
Not sure how it works as far as this actually equalling 120 FO's. BBDC8

77+43= 120

77 captain vacancies (newly created captain positions) + 43 FO vacancies (newly created first officer positions) = 120 FO vacancies.

(77 existing first officers will upgrade to captain, freeing those existing FO slots for FE upgrades + 43 FO vacancies = 120 FO slots.)

Hope this clears it up.

i just heard from someone in the know( a very reliable source )that brown was going to furlough 100 due to tough economic times, over-staffing and attempts to reduce expenses...

doh.. sorry, sorry--that was last year.

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
I might be wrong, but I cant see a vacancy bid coming out and there only being 1 757 SDFZ FO. Seems kinda low. I thought we are growing internationaly?

Unless there are alot of people going to bypass upgrade from the backseat to the right seat, and if these numbers are correct, it will still not come close to the new hires, and I mean the new hires from 2001...

Not sure how it works as far as this actually equalling 120 FO's. For the sake of those of us that have been waiting on a right seat here for many years, I hope the numbers are higher...

BBDC8

I think the numbers could be higher. This might be the number of F/O slots that have to be filled as of right now, not including the number of additional vacancies that will need to be filled as F/O's leave the right seat for the left seat. i.e., I'm not sure if these numbers include recurring vacancies.

For what it's worth, I flew with an ACP over the summer. At the time, he told me he expects every F/E under the age of 60 to be in the right seat by spring/summer of 2005. I think you should have a very good shot at a right seat on this bid.

Latest resources

Back