Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great News!! Flight Options Has Been Bought!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLOPS is done in the frax biz. Those planes and pilots are going to be used by HIG to support 135 charter ops. The current FLOPS share owners don't get renewed. Nothing changes for those that buy the FLOPS jet cards. The operation gets packaged up really pretty by HIG, then sold to some big charter operator like TAG for a quick and tidy profit.

It will be interesting to see how much HIG paid for FLOPS once Raytheon's financials come out for the next quarter.

I also share "owners" opinion. I feel M.S. will either pursue or be told to pursue other interests. If I was a betting man (which I am), I would say it will happen within 9 months from closing. One of the main reason is, that for H.I.G to do what they hope to in a relatively short period of time, they can't do their "go forward" plan with the poisonous atmosphere caused by the current management. They have slashed the company as far as you can slash it. Their job is done.

Now would be the time they could come in with a clean slate and a fresh start with their own people and take the company forward. But in my opinion, H.I.G. has a small window of opportunity to prove they are not the "bad guy" do right by the employees and most importantly, the pilots. Because the pilots as we all know are the face of the company. We can make the product a positive one, something people once again can brag to their friends about. Or it could be just another "bus" ride, one that know one will pay a premium for. I just hope they don't squander this potential honeymoon period of optimism and unbroken promises, and quickly do the right thing and at least bring our pay to industry standards. Without that, most pilots will continue to go down this bitter path that we all want to get off of.

Last edited:
Owner is correct as always. Committed management just not the guys we have now. Still, considering the current owner just wanted out and took a severe hit to his financials in the disposition, anyone who has a plan and is invested with a purpose is welcome. These companies do not exist to employ, they exist to profit. Many of the private investment groups are re-packagers who buy right, implement a plan, get it going on that plan, and sell off or IPO off. There are a number of potential markets out there to be served. Embraer might be a good relationship to fracitonalize with a marketing arrangement. Time will tell. Regardless, today is likely better than yesterday for all FO employees.

Our current management was brought in to do the cutting. (Which they did)
I don' feel they have the ability or ideas to grow the company which the new owners want. That's why I give them less then a year before they are replaced with a new management team.

Hi!

TAG won't be buying FltOps.

Their shell company (AMI Jet Charter) that held their -135 certificate just had their certificate suspended and then revoked by the FAA.

They sold their US flight ops to Sentient.

cliff
YIP

Who is this guy?

Bought!! By bought, do you you think they will actually pay an amount. More likely being paid to take it.

RossTwivel,

Who do you think you are? You only have five posts and you come on here and make a one-liner statement like that! We talk about serious stuff on here and you can't just come on here and say something like that unless you have lots of posts already!

HS

Actually. . .

RossTwivel,

Who do you think you are? You only have five posts and you come on here and make a one-liner statement like that! We talk about serious stuff on here and you can't just come on here and say something like that unless you have lots of posts already!

HS

This is a free country and a public message board so he can say whatever the "F" he wants. BUT, that also means WE are allowed to expose people like this and show others what they really are. . .tools.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back