Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great News!! Flight Options Has Been Bought!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you kidding me here?

A 5th grader could run this company better! Sorry about all the MBA's running around thinking they know Jack Shcmidt!

I think it is about time to let this turd sink.

RossTwivel,

Who do you think you are? You only have five posts and you come on here and make a one-liner statement like that! We talk about serious stuff on here and you can't just come on here and say something like that unless you have lots of posts already!

HS

Sorry to pop your bubble but, there is no "seniority" system on this board.

Why not remodel instead? Throw out whatever (more like whoever) doesn't work and rebuild from the top down. The service is in demand and there are professional pilots in place to provide it. Surely an investment group that owns several other aviation companies can install a competent management team. Needless to say, smart managers would make it a chief priority to hammer out a contract. Without motivated pilots it seems impossible to accurately determine the future potential of the company.
Hang in there!
NJW

While not wanting to burst the bubble here that Netwife seems to always have, motivated pilots are not so high on the list of priorities. Motivated owners and customers might be a good start. Come up with a plan to serve some customers in a profitable way. Business models are about finding a need and serving that need in a way that generates profits. Pilots are a cost of business that certainly needs to be addressed in a positive way but this is not a critical part of the model. There have been some positive steps over the years, reducing the number of models, etc... They have to find a niche, being another Netjets is most likely not one of them.

Flight Options being sold changes, changes, umm, uhh, umm, absolutely nothing. How bout a new tag phrase, "Flight Options: We give you more-of our hard working pilots money." Or how about "Flight Options: Pilots financing bad management decisions since 1999." Or even better, "Flight Options: Pilots subsidizing another Billion dollar company." We stay focused on what we need to do as a pilot group, PERIOD.

Told me to what? I guess I didn't listen to you because this is the fu(kin' internet, dude. But I'll gladly crawl in your hole if you'd like.
love, Ben Dover.

Needless to say, smart managers would make it a chief priority to hammer out a contract.

Are you smoking crack? A contract is the last thing HIG wants. That would cost money. They bought the thing to make money, not spend it. If you don't believe me then just look at the actual airlines they own already. Ya won't see any contracts there even though your beloved Teamsters have been voted in now for over 3 years. Think about that, teamster representation for OVER 3 years and no contract.

Oh yeah, and no negotiations either. The union officers have been fired or quit. Nothing on the horizon. Zip, Nada.

FLOPS will see nothing resembling a contract with this new management.

Are you smoking crack? A contract is the last thing HIG wants. That would cost money. They bought the thing to make money, not spend it. If you don't believe me then just look at the actual airlines they own already. Ya won't see any contracts there even though your beloved Teamsters have been voted in now for over 3 years. Think about that, teamster representation for OVER 3 years and no contract.

Oh yeah, and no negotiations either. The union officers have been fired or quit. Nothing on the horizon. Zip, Nada.

WHO is smoking crack? Union voted in March 2, 2006....how is that OVER three years?

Negotiations ongoing, every month.

HIG will never make any money here without a contract, that is obvious. And there isn't any more "fat" to cut.

So, do tell where you get your great info? And, by the way, be careful next time you get drug tested, whatever YOU are on is sure to be found.

Some corrections are in order

Are you smoking crack? I realize that such comments are fairly common but I find it offensive as I value a healthy lifestyle. It is possible to disagree without being rude you know... A contract is the last thing HIG wants. That would cost money. When it comes to service, you get what you pay for--as NJA discovered. They bought the thing to make money, not spend it. Smart managers invest in the business. If you don't believe me then just look at the actual airlines they own already. They don't own a frac, do they? It's a whole different ballgame. Ya won't see any contracts there even though your beloved Teamsters have been voted in now for over 3 years. 1108 is a part of my life. Teamsters is not. I fully support the NJ pilots who want to start an in-house union. Think about that, teamster representation for OVER 3 years and no contract. First contracts are difficult and usually take longer, especially when management is dragging their heels. The NJ 2005 CBA was fought over for 4 yrs, but was definitely worth it in the end.

My husband told me those other pilot groups were just building time and didn't stay long. Each group has to be judged on its own merits and good leadership is critical. The determined Options pilots have been advised by Strong Union, the same leaders who helped the NJ pilots get their current contract and the latest IBB proposal. One only has to look at the NJ pilots to see what a difference motivation can make. I presume that HIG has researched the industry to find out what is working and why.

To Flt Ops pilots: In these uncertain times it is more important than ever to stand together and follow the directions of your leadership. I'm pulling for you! NJW

While not wanting to burst the bubble here that Netwife seems to always have, motivated pilots are not so high on the list of priorities. Motivated owners and customers might be a good start. ... Pilots are a cost of business that certainly needs to be addressed in a positive way but this is not a critical part of the model. ...

It must be noted that I was right about NJA all along while you kept posting that they couldn't be profitable, especially if they paid the pilots better. It did all boil down to motivation (and the lack thereof) and that's exactly why RTS settled with the pilots in 2005. Profits rose and he and has now agreed to a proposal that gives hefty pay raises for those who were still behind. NJA knows that satisfied owners and motivated pilots go hand in hand that's why all the pilots are getting a pay raise and a signing bonus just 2 yrs after the last increase. Positive reinforcement pays for itself--HIG should try it.

WHO is smoking crack? Union voted in March 2, 2006....how is that OVER three years?

Negotiations ongoing, every month.

HIG will never make any money here without a contract, that is obvious. And there isn't any more "fat" to cut.

So, do tell where you get your great info? And, by the way, be careful next time you get drug tested, whatever YOU are on is sure to be found.

Wrong airline. I was refering to Amerijet who voted in a union nearly 4 years ago and have made zero progress. The union is dead over there. No meeting, no table discussions, no progress. It's done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back