Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great money, some semblance of a life (Piston 135 freight)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Boris Badenov

A little birdy tells me that Flight Express (FLX) is hiring (what else is new?) More to the point, though, they're looking real hard for a guy in KC. The way it was explained to me, it's a 15 hour duty day run. I don't know what that means, but I know that with the handy windows calculator, that's 51k first year. So if you're recently divorced, broke, don't have any friends, like sleeping in recliners, and have 1200TT, call 1-800-OPS-KORL ext. 613 and ask for Gary.

They probably pay by the flight hour, not the duty hour. So probably take that $51K and cut it in half. BTW a 15 hour duty day would be illegal, you only get 14 hour 135. That is unless that last hour is coming home part 91. However I do know where you can make about $51k flying twin Cessna's and be home almost every day. Be prepared to fly your but off though.

No, they pay by the duty hour. flightexpress.com I don't have any details on the 15 hour duty day run, but I doubt it's a Part 91 return leg. Maybe a special pay for what sounds like a difficult run? Either way, not bad money for a guy with 1200 hours. I used to work for them and the maintenance is good, CP and DO fair.

JohnGlenn said:
It be official. Because MKC is the domicile of least interest the runs are now $15/duty hr. What this means is the lowest paying run is $30,030. M-Thr, 1830-0215 & Fri 1830-2300. Weekends off.

The big dog pays $51,363.00. Schedule is longer. M-F 0530-1840. Weekends off.

Both are in Cessna 210s. All time logged is PIC (no right seat in the plane). You MUST have the IFR mins and they are 1200TT, 500XC, 100 night, 75 instrument. If you are interested pm me. Hopefully this run will fill quickly.

JohnGlenn is Gary, the FLX recruiter.

They probably pay by the flight hour, not the duty hour. So probably take that $51K and cut it in half. BTW a 15 hour duty day would be illegal, you only get 14 hour 135. That is unless that last hour is coming home part 91. However I do know where you can make about $51k flying twin Cessna's and be home almost every day. Be prepared to fly your but off though.

No, its def by the duty hour. MKC is a PITA to fill. Always has been. To make it more attractive the pay is bumped to $15./duty hr as opposed to $12./duty hr.

There are no twins in MKC only the 210. If you want twin time there are other bases that have the Baron. BNA @ CPS are the nearest. Transition time is likely 4 months but think closer to 6 months. We are constantly filling the 210 ranks due to turnover. You will be home everyday. Duty day for any 135 is 14 hours. We are no exception.

BTW, if you know of someone who might be interested you will qualify for a $300.00 referal fee after they have been here one month.

Thanks,
Gary
[email protected]

I checked the website and it shows
Pilots are required to have the Part 135 IFR PIC minimums per 135.243(c)
Any chance of VFR 500TT becoming a reality again anytime soon?

Last edited:
Where is this twin cessna job?

PM me if your interested. I don't know if they're looking for anybody at this current moment, but they pretty much always keep their eyes open.

BTW They generally don't hire anybody directly into the Twin Cessna's unless they've already been flying twins 135 single pilot somewhere before. The last guy we hired came from Central Air flying commanders.

rumpletumbler, you need to look into getting a job as a co-pilot, there just aren't many VFR 135 jobs out there.

You might want to look at the job in the original post.

It looks like a great place to work to me and I've never seen as much information available for one to learn about any company available pre-employment. There is a wealth of information on this page.

Chief Pilots web page

This pdf is a few years old but is representative of the single engine fleet at that time.

This pdf does the same for the multi-engine fleet.

This Document Archive linked on the main page has all kinds of good stuff and it's easy to print all these out and make a notebook.

Latest resources

Back