Great Lakes Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GLA Hiring

Has GLA started hiring again? I know they had some interviews going and classes in October/November, but I haven't heard of anything new lately? Anyone know if they're interviewing again soon? Thanks.

Yup, your numbers are about right. Just add your buck an hour per diem that will go to every dive bar this side of Kansas City.

They want you to have about 100 multi, other than that all you need is a letter of rec. No shortage of people with 1500 TT to upgrade, so no "street" captains.

No expansion, growth, or improvement in the forseeable future. Quick upgrades are solely based on attrition.

This is not an airline I would commute to, plus DEN is a pretty cool town.

8-15 month upgrade. That's been pretty standard for the past few years. Some guys have gotten awarded in 6 months, but sat on reserve or flew "super-captain" (captain flying as FO) for another 6 months anyway.

It's all a cycle at Lakes. Just when you think you'll never upgrade and furlough is inevitable, 25 people jump ship and they begin junior-manning and upgrading like crazy and you're right back in the race. There is just nothing stable about a 200 person pilot group.

Rules to live buy with lakes:

Roll with the punches
Cooperate and graduate
Don't take it personal (Nobody is out to get you here, they're just really bad at they're jobs)

Oh yeah...When you're captain is buying, you better drink the beer!

808pilot said:
...there is a new chief pilot....A.R. went off to frontier with a few others from lakes so be sure who you send your paper work to.....

Anyone know who the new CP is? Is Misty still there?

kerosene is spot on.....they are and always will be hiring.....if you have tough skin and like to fly you'll fit right in.....
misty is still there...scott brekaus (sp?) is the new CP.....great guy....

rod farva said:
How come GL took the United logo off their tail when they still codeshare?

Cheers

We don't fly as United Express anymore. We operate as Great Lakes Airlines and maintain code-share agreements with both United and Frontier. Basically you can buy a ticket on a Great Lakes flight coupled with either a Frontier or United ticket. Check in at one ticket counter and then proceed to your respective gates.

Express carriers would be like ASA operating as Delta Connection.

Another example of a code-share agreement is AmericaWest and Hawaiian or Lufthansa and United.

MarineGrunt said:
they are just one of the few places I have the mins for and I'm not ruling out any of my options.

Have you sent your stuff in to ASA? Hiring plans seem to be up in the air right now but they've lowered the mins to 600/100.

Latest resources

Back