• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Great Lakes Says Code-Share Plan to Be Improved
Cheyenne
Associated Press

A financial newswire reported last week that United Airlines has asked a bankruptcy judge for permission to end its relationship with Cheyenne-based Great Lakes Aviation. Great Lakes CEO Chuck Howell says that is true but not the whole story. Howell says Great Lakes and United are actually negotiating to renew and improve a ticket marketing agreement between the two airline companies. He says United must end its current agreement in order to enter a new one with Great Lakes. Great Lakes also has a ticket marketing agreement with Frontier Airlines. Great Lakes has routes in 12 states, including Wyoming.

I suppose this could be stuff right out of Spin 101, or it could be the real deal. Not sure that an extra 20 or 30 million in revenue will put United on solid footing, but it'd be nice of 'em to throw us a bone.

Last edited:
Cardinal said:
I suppose this could be stuff right out of Spin 101, or it could be the real deal.

Well, in the original press release, this is what United said:
----------------
According to court documents made available Tuesday, UAL has determined that its relationship with Great Lakes "is not necessary" and that it plans to substitute Great Lakes with an existing regional carrier under the United Express brand, subject to court approval.

UAL, of Chicago, said in its filing that the agreement with Great Lakes "does not have any marketable value beneficial to (UAL's) estates in comparison with the option available with United Express carriers."

----------------
So figure for yourself if it is spin. With that said, I would never count Lakes out. As many have said before, the only thing left after a nuclear holocaust would be cockroaches and Lakes' management--I mean Lakes.

Later-W

Good, I hope the recalls are a fact as well. I heard the the deal was for another three years with UAL. I hope it all works out good.

And how does Lakes play into recent selections by United? everybody's been saying they get an expanded code share - is this true?

Looking for a GLA F/O

To all of the GLA pilots out there. I am looking for someone I went to !college with, and I think she went to GLA after graduation. Her name is Cella Intiglia (I'm sure I misspelled her last name). If anyone knows where she's at, and how I can get a hold of her, please let me know.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back