Great Lakes Lost UA Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To set the record straight...

DEN was all UA, F9, or it's own ticket stock (ZK)
MSP was on it's own (ZK)
ORD was all UA and has been closed as of earlier this year

I flew in MSP after ORD shut down and I know that MESA was bidding on the South Dakota stuff into Omaha and that Mesaba was bidding on the North Dakota stuff. It'll be too bad if Great Lakes loses the UA codeshare...A LOT of good people and great friends will be on the street...

ONCE A LAKER, ALWAYS A LAKER

I think Mesaba got the JMS & DVL route out of MSP.

Yes it's true in JMS

Hi all,

Yes it's true about Lakes losing JMS and DVL out of MSP. Mesaba was the low bidder. The guy who owns the FBO I'm starving at is on the airport authority board. According to him Mesaba will take over the route starting Sept 1 or Oct 1, depending on how things work out.

Sure hope things in this industry straighten out soon. Getting too old (45, yikes!) to be spending most of my time sitting in the right seat of a Cherokee.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS

Interesting how Mesaba was the low bidder in this. According to our management it is hard to compete with our cost structure. The big quesiton is that was this Mesaba AIRLINES or Mesaba HOLDINGS (Big Sky) that won this EAS contract. If it was AIRLINES I guess we can look for a NW press release soon regarding this new service... since AIRLINES can only grow within the NW system.

FO

From what I was told, this is basically a NWA operation. The JMS/DVL airport managers/board members (including my employer), and ND Aeronautics Commission Reps went to MSP last week for a meeting with Mesaba/NWA regarding schedules, fuelings, overnights, etc...basically each airport representative was there to get the best for their airport.

As the events were related by boss to me, the NWA guy was running the show. He was the decision maker.

The upshot is that NWA is going to do what is best for NWA. JMS will be down to 2 flights per day (from 6 with GLA). A Saab 340 will be coming in at 1200 and 1700. That will make it tough for the business traveler. However, I'm hoping that our charter will pick up due to that very fact.

Also hoping the owner will go multi-pilot and put me on the certificate...but not holding my breath.

Regards,
Scott
KJMS

Yeah, a buddy of mine over at Lakes was suppossed to be furloughed a month ago, then it got postponed, and now he's still on the line. Hopefully the rest of you guys can get back on-line soon!

Have to agree with Ben Dover on this one. Yes the UA codeshare would be a blow to GL, but they would just reduce and keep on trucking. I hope the best for all the GL people. I enjoyed my time there. As far as shutting down, I think I heard that about 1095 times in my three years there, you get used to it.

ONCE A LAKER ALWAYS A LAKER

I heard a rumor that UAL was planning to replace the GLA codeshare with UEX flying with either Air Whiskey, or SKYW. Anybody else hear anything similar?

Latest resources

Back