• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes Lost UA Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I really know is that Mesa will be flying 10 Dash 8's out of DEN soon. Air Whiskey is returning their 328s.

I heard somewhere that Mesa is going to operate 1900s out of DEN under a UA codeshare.

If Lakes can't make the 1900 work, what makes Mesa think they can. Heck, Lakes even has Raytheon behind them, don't they?

We have known we were losing Casper and 3 other cities at least a month ago.. For example, Lakes ran a mix of 1900's and Emb120's on the route, I think 5 flights a day. The avg load was about 19 people (on the Emb), and approx 50% of those folks were UAL code share.. I am not sure how many Embs SkyWest is going to run, but it is going to cost United more to run two cost plus flights a day, than to pay for their individual pax.

Our code with Frontier is up 700% from 1 month ago. Quite frankly our loads have been really good here lately, I haven't seen the terminal area packed like this in ages. We have really turned around: 98-99% complete, and 90% on-time. We have been bringing back furloughs... So it makes it difficult to comprehend Lakes demise.

Also it is interesting to note that GLA is still a creditor of United... They still owe GLA $$

Last edited:
wooferdog said:

If Lakes can't make the 1900 work, what makes Mesa think they can. Heck, Lakes even has Raytheon behind them, don't they?

Mesa is quite interested in the DEN 1900 routes of 'Lakes. JO has indicated before that Mesa can break even on the 1900 with EAS, but not w/o it.

Regarding 'Lakes possibly losing the UA codeshare and YV in DEN, here's the latest from Orenstein himself: "The GLUX implications could be significant for us - particularly on the EAS markets in DEN. "

-Boo!

Seriously, I can't believe they want to run the Dash in WY. Rock Springs, Cody, maybe in the summer, Laramie, Riverton, hey why not Worland too. No way. Too expensice and not enough peeps up in those parts to make $ on a 37 seater, unless of course they hire Freedom pilots. Anyway, its too bad about Lakes. No matter what anyone says, what a kick a$$ place to work. Great pilots, and nothing beats flying into TEX. You can't put anything but a 1900 on most of those markets, and it would be sad to see someone else doin it.

"The GLUX implications could be significant for us - particularly on the EAS markets in DEN. "

Does JO think that UAL controls who gets the EAS cities? Even if UAL drops Lakes, Lakes still has the EAS contracts..

I would say that if JO's business plan is based on the failure of any other airlines, that is a terrible plan. He should stick to the things he can control. Being poised to pick up the pieces is one thing, but banking on a failure is another.. Maybe he has a crystal ball

canadflyau said:
Does JO think that UAL controls who gets the EAS cities?

No, but, w/o a codeshare, many EAS markets would be interested in an EAS operator who had the codeshare that their EAS used to have, and JO knows that fo' sure!

I think Lakes is going to get a quick lesson is how persuasive JO can be. I 'pity the fool' who underestimates JO.

-Boo!

many EAS markets would be interested in an EAS operator who had the codeshare that their EAS used to have

Maybe true, but unfortunately that is not a condition for who gets awarded the EAS contracts by the Fed gov... but one thing that is, Completion. Lakes new CEO knows that, and MESA's completeion performance has been sub-par... like I said, I think JO should not be betting on which horse may or may not fail, and keep shaping up the ops he has.. Frontier is not a happy customer right now, and that is one thing that is for sure..

Latest resources

Back