• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes Lost UA Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They haven't lost it yet, UAL has asked the court permission to dump Lakes. It's probably a foregone conclusion, but I guess we'll find out...

My buddy, who flies for GLA tells me that there in such a state that he doesn't know what will happen tommorrow.

They may just go under, hopefully they are able to win the court case, otherwise that will put 280 or so pilots on the street. :(

I believe the only BE1900 flights GL does for United are a couple from Chicago and a couple flights from MSP. I believe the DEN operation is stand alone. I would be nervous too in today's environment.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: :(

Well fook. The last time I checked about 50% of Lakes' passenger revenue is tied to United. The other 50% is mixed between sales from F9 and the ZK code. Then EAS money throws in about a dollar for every three that the passenger paid.

ORD is no more, it's not a factor. MSP is very quiet, but exclusively UA codeshare. Every Denver city, like 33 of them, carries both the UA and F9 code. Without the UA code that portion of the traffic wouldn't vanish entirely, but would be severely impacted. It's just a matter of whether the passenger in Bumfuk, Nebraksa cares enough to buy an interline, check in twice, painfully priced, separate ticket. My wild ass guess is that 70% of the formerly United traffic would be frightened away. Our pax are always threatening to drive anyway. Telluride, Pierre, Casper, and Williston-Dickinson are great routes that could probably still be justified. But Scottsbluff and the several dozen other useless cities Lakes serves, I dunno. The annual report filed in March and the latest 10Q were full of sketchy phrases, "it is uncertain whether the company can meet obligations," and "without securing additional financing, the world will end," etc., etc.

Hey Lakers, I assume that the June 1st furloughs did take place. Any more scheduled that those of us on the street may not have heard about? This would be apart from any impending cotastrophe.

From what I understand GLA lost the MSP stuff and will finish in the next month or so. MESA got the EAS out of MSP to the Dakotas.

Can somebody paste a link to where they got the UAL press release about dumping the Lakes codeshare.

Cardinal, I've been flying with some fos who were supposed to be furloughed last month and June 1st but they were recalled before they got the furlough letter. My guess is we have around 15 guys on the street.

PS, this industry sucks!

Hey Rottweiler,

I thought Mesaba got the EAS routes out of MSP to the Dakotas, or at least ND. Did I read it wrong??

tk

I've heard it said that after the nuclear holocaust the two things that will remain are cock roaches and Great Lakes

Ben Dover said:
I've heard it said that after the nuclear holocaust the two things that will remain are cock roaches and Great Lakes

Is there much difference between GLA management and cockroaches?

Latest resources

Back