Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
So much for the ZK bandwagon. After continuous classes since mid-2004, Lakes announced last week that they have stopped hiring for an indefinite period of time. And just Thursday the newhire class in progress got visited and sent home.

Discussion is of more furloughs to cut into the line pilot ranks, but nothing official yet. Many of those sent home, and many at the bottom of the list are already furloughed from somewhere else.

Good luck to all.

Ding fries are done, Dong fries are done...

do u want and apple pie with that? do you want an apple pie with that?

SKIPPY

And have 10 times more dignity.

take it back! ;)

That's a low blow Nacho, and I think you know it. After dodging summer TCU's, riding the bronco a DEN arrival can be from the west, and landing in a max gusty xw, a GLA pilot, even an FO, has plenty of dignity firmly intact and respect pax as well. And that's just during the summer. Sure, the pay sucks, it always has. You don't have to have the right pay to maintain your dignity, earn respect from pax, and to maintain your professionalism flying fellow humans around.

Is that what you tell yourselves when you retire under the bridges of Denver every night?

No, downtown DEN is much too far, silly! Besides, GLA pilots only share cars, most don't have them. Everyone has a bicycle though, GLA gives them to us, I've still got mine. GLA pilots in DEN all live a dozen at a time in slummy apartments and mobile homes within 5 miles of DEN International.

Me though, I graduated years ago, if you would look at my avatar.

take it back! ;)

That's a low blow Nacho, and I think you know it. After dodging summer TCU's, riding the bronco a DEN arrival can be from the west, and landing in a max gusty xw, a GLA pilot, even an FO, has plenty of dignity firmly intact and respect pax as well. And that's just during the summer. Sure, the pay sucks, it always has. You don't have to have the right pay to maintain your dignity, earn respect from pax, and to maintain your professionalism flying fellow humans around.

You are absolutely correct!

The rest of you that are focused on the money are not very bright. There are plenty of professions that pay more and if you are all about the money (and Smart) you should be doing one of those. If you ARE A PILOT instead of just working as one then GLA provides some of the best flying around.

Latest resources

Back