Great lakes furloughs.... $ for approach charts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vavso

I am wondering if they furloughed so they can finally buy the F.O.'s there own charts and app plates. "Borrowing "the captains so you can brief the approach and make notes about the approach plate on your TOLD card is archaic! Yes folks you get no charts as an F.O. !

Last edited:
I am wondering if they furloughed so they can finally buy the F.O.'s there own charts and app plates. "Borrowing "the captains so you can brief the approach and make notes about the approach plate on your TOLD card is archaic! Yes folks you get no charts as an F.O. !

Please tell me you're joking?

If this is true someone needs to post this on the ABCNES.COM blog!

From a previous thread I guess that's why they're such awesome pilots! They fly the fricken approach with NO PLATES! Now that is good! Bet is saves the company enough to buy a coffee machine every two weeks!

Hell's Yeah-

Why worry with plates? These guys are like "Chuck Norris Awesome!"

-Chuck don't worry with plates-if there is no runway where he wants one, he will just roundhouse kick a new one into the forest-at the precise moment of
touchdown!

Wow! I didn't know that anyone still flew like this. I believe that this was one of the problems of the Hibbing Jetstream crash in 1993. The FO had no plates, and the captain plowed through the MDA trying to stay out of ice.

The truth shall set you free

Hi Yall this is fact . You are hand flying approaches with no auto pilot SOME FO sides have flight directors You brief the approach scribble notes from it onto a TOLD card and give it back to him .You then work as a team to fly the approach while he refers to the plate .

You have responsibilites that boggle the mind prior to taking off into the air and have very little time between turns to get things done including loading pax, pre flighting ,clearances , FA type duties , supervising baggage loading and to make matters worse verifying drift downs on the release are accurate using a pen and calculator via manual calculations sometimes all in 10 minutes time . Not to mention no lav on the 1900

NO SIC type rating - NO high altitude endorsement !

BOTTOM LINE :they will always find some fresh CFI with a wet CFI certificate looking for that "quick upgrade " and to wind up in a jet eventually which in reality is a very difficult mountain to climb. The dream of quick upgrade is a hard road to hoe possibly a fallacy .

Pilot community at GLA - great guys - hard working talented
Training department - great guys too

I have already said to much but I speak nothing but the truth

Last edited:
Hi Yall this is fact . You are hand flying approaches with no auto pilot SOME FO sides have flight directors You brief the approach scribble notes from it onto a TOLD card and give it back to him .You then work as a team to fly the approach while he refers to the plate .

You have responsibilites that boggle the mind prior to taking off into the air and have very little time between turns to get things done including loading pax, pre flighting ,clearances , FA type duties , supervising baggage loading and to make matters worse verifying drift downs on the release are accurate using a pen and calculator via manual calculations sometimes all in 10 minutes time . Not to mention no lav on the 1900

NO SIC type rating - NO high altitude endorsement !

BOTTOM LINE :they will always find some fresh CFI with a wet CFI certificate looking for that "quick upgrade " and to wind up in a jet eventually which in reality is a very difficult mountain to climb. The dream of quick upgrade is a hard road to hoe possibly a fallacy .

Pilot community at GLA - great guys - hard working talented
Training department - great guys too

I have already said to much but I speak nothing but the truth

WOW just WOW!!! Add to that pay your way to the interview, no pay in training, pay your own lodging in training and 15 bucks and hr. I just threw up in my mouth!!! :puke:

Serious how do you hand fly the arrival and departure? Does the Captain constantly call things out to you? Talk about increased work load!!!

Latest resources

Back