• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Gulfstream GIA videos

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how many GIA grads TURN DOWN those testimonials. I mean, isn't it a bit embarrassing to spout out such contrived propaganda, knowing full well how their outfit has chipped away at the airline industry.

....but that's not the same as flying freight at night hoping that you can beat a thunderstorm into the airport. Nor is it the same as praying that you can shake the ice off your already heavily weighted airplane before you hit the ground. It's definetely not the same as staying up half the night checking radar on your computer and worrying about how you're going to transgress a line of 4-6 thunderstorms that's building with no radar.

So are you saying that only freight dogs have earned their positions in aviation? Most pilots never flew freight. Are they not "worthy?"

Here's another thought for you. A lot of people help out with unions so they can list it on their resumes and so when they go for their coveted 777 job the interviewer will think it looks good.

Negatory. I have an extensive union background, but I didn't list a bit of it on my resume when applying to the majors, and I certainly didn't talk about it during my interview. Union work counts against you with most interviewers. They want compliant little yes-men, not activists.

I believe that number 1 is the best way. I'm sorry PCL that I've probably stepped on your toes. I truly believe this and I think I've heard you went to GIA and I'm not saying you're a bad person, I just don't believe that's the right path our career needs to be heading. Fly safe!

I agree with you. GIA is bad for the profession. No doubt. But attacking people that went there is not productive. Most people that go to GIA just fall for the marketing ploys, just like the people that shell out $200k to Embry-Ridiculous or the people that shell out $100k to Delta Connection Academy. The marketing that these schools do is very effective. Do you really think that most of the people going to GIA are aware of how it is viewed in the industry? Do you really think that they know the effect it has on our profession? Having been there, I know for a fact that they don't.

The 7yrs I did at XJT(5 as CA), I never had to take the controls from anyone except from VH(twice)...who was also turned in from 2 other CA's for the same reason. Guess that never made it to her testimonal.

That CAL captain is from the class of 83-85. Go figure...

Yeah, I noticed his name appeared in a certain publication which we're not allowed to mention here. :rolleyes:

I always wondered what exactly the union does for the pilots at GIA. Do they help negotiate the price?

The 7yrs I did at XJT(5 as CA), I never had to take the controls from anyone except from VH(twice)...who was also turned in from 2 other CA's for the same reason. Guess that never made it to her testimonal.

What did these interventions entail?

EDIT: as inflight; not disciplinary-wise.

Yea great she paid for her first job with $$, then the next one was preferred hiring for affirmative action. Wow something to really be proud of. Meah

Believe me brotha, if that was the case I'd be the system Chief Pilot at UPS AND FedEx.

Peace,
Rook

Laugh it up, but she'll make six figures her second year at SWA. Guess who will get the last laugh?

That has nothing to do with paying to fly right seat at Gulfstream. Those testimonials would be a lot more valid if you actually went straight from GIA to SWA.

What did these interventions entail?

EDIT: as inflight; not disciplinary-wise.

Well one of the GIA wonders that I got to know and fly was in sim training at a different airline. The very first session they had no concept of situational awareness or understanding of flight. It was bad, things like not being able to hold altitude, configuring and idling the power at 100agl on short final.

We talked a little about GIA and they said everything is done for you in training. Basically a dumbed down version of actual airline training. Apparently it didn't work for this person because they we're forced to resign. And this was someone who actually flew a b1900 for quite a few hours. I mean I don't know what they do over there, I couldn't imagine this person flying a 152 much less a transport airplane.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back