• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Gulfstream GIA videos

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt any will elect to go to USAirways if you guys start hiring again. Those Gulfstream pilots would probably view that move as a step backwards given your ridiculous labor situation... Talk about killing a once-great airline. I'd rather fly B1900s out of South Florida.
Owned.

People are gonna do what people are gonna do ... no skin off my arse. And it works. It's a helluva short cut. But it ain't the smartest thing in the world as far as I can see ... paying $29K for a "job". And most who do it are uber goofy, even among aviation types who are generally goofy already. :D

What I do have heartburn with, however, are the people like you-know-who that go to Gulfstream and then later become ALPA zealots and self-proclaimed defenders of the profession. That just shows a complete lack of integrity, and our integrity is all we have in the end. Our integrity is the only thing in this world we can't have taken from us ... we have to give that up voluntarily.

Oh ... and that SWA chick is ugly. My aplogies if she's someone's wife or sister or whatever (Maybe both at the same time if she's from NC :D ). But she has to sneak up on water to drink it. Dayum! A big paycheck and a cush job don't change ugly. Ugly just IS. :nuts:

First...I wouldn't dare of defending Gulfstream on any level, especially on flightinfo.

So many in this industry are out on the street. Even GIA pilots out on the street... and these probationary / temporary employees are getting 250 hours of flying time. Its BS, and the pilots at GIA who are worth a damn know it and hate it. I wish that academy would dissapear. If i ever meet some kid who claims to be furloughed from GIA because he finished his 250 and had no where to go, i swear i'd punch him in his throat. People are idiots everywhere you go y'all.. think about it.

GIA is made up of pilots who either, (A.) will never be anything more than a be1900 F/O, (B.) make it captain, barely, with several pink slips, and will never fly anywhere else and will most likely be fired for incompitence, or (C.) are pretty damn good, level headed pilots who care about their jobs, their profession, their livelyhood.

How can they care about their profession when they (more than likely) paid 30,000 grand for training?

so a pilot completes his initial ratings... time to build some time. lots of ways. How about flight instructing? 100 percent the best experiance. Charter, skydyving, renting, military..whatever.. also good. How about getting your broke a$$ a loan. FAA approved and monitored training, real life actual experience. You have to agree, flying in circles with a student in podunkville ain't the same as being thrown into MIA international arrivals and approaches with level 4 and 5 closing in around you. At least you gave yourself a chance... and lets not forget about the 3 kinds of pilots i listed above. Half of those are gone already anyways.. so thank you for taking out the trash for the industry.

Now a few of those slip through somehow... as they always do, at ANY airline, and probably end up at your airline.. and they're probably some cocky riddle punk or know it all...(see look how easy it is to stereotype..not all from riddle are that way)...and they talk about blah blah blah and annoy you...trust me.. all we talk about is getting out, getting another job. any job. we riducule this place constantly, but its those pilots who HAVE paid their dues for YEARS training these 250 wonders day in and day out.. putting everything and giving everything they have just to try and teach those what professionalism is...how to dress..."get that ipod out of your freakin' ear in the terminal" or "get a shirt that fits" to "this is how to read an approach plate.." and "this is how to make a radio transmission." and especially down here...its "this is how you speak ENGLISH."

I'm not gonna say "dont pre-judge all GIA pilots" or whatever, cause everyone is gonna post something they think is funny.. just like always.. a few one liners.. and there will be some heated opposition to every word i've written, and by all means I will probably agree with you, for as previously stated, i hate this place... so flame away.

I don't like pay for training but it's there and we can't do anything about it. Second career guys with money to burn and kids with daddys at Continental will always be willing to take the short route and call it "opportunity to advance your career". I'd just like to say though, the very few, that is to say 3 people that I have known that came from that program were probably the most horrible pilots with some of the worst attitudes that I have seen. Just saying.

There ain't nothing great about the ones that I've flown with! They breed a strange bunch over there. :rolleyes:

I laughed at the one with the blonde flying for Southwest, she looked like she had a clown's tie on that went down to her knees. Obviously they didn't teach her how to wear her uniform proudly.

Laugh it up, but she'll make six figures her second year at SWA. Guess who will get the last laugh?

Oh yeah, that's because she has nothing to be proud of, she never had to pay her dues, with the exception of her bank account. What a joke!

She spent some time at Pinnacle as a union volunteer working to help her fellow pilots. That's probably a hell of a lot better than can be said for most of the pilots on this web site.

Laugh it up, but she'll make six figures her second year at SWA. Guess who will get the last laugh?

She spent some time at Pinnacle as a union volunteer working to help her fellow pilots. That's probably a hell of a lot better than can be said for most of the pilots on this web site.

First off, I could care less... What we are talking about here is whether or not she has the experience that will make her a good pilot. I could care less about six figures. Money isn't everything! I left a corporate job flying a Falcon 900 because no matter how much the pay was the job made me miserable. Also, I'm much happier knowing I did a lot of jobs to make me a well rounded individual. I may still be in the right seat of an RJ, but at least I have experience that I can be proud of. I value my career more because I had to work at it even harder than writing a check out for 30-50k. People who don't value true experience and just want to fly a 777 and make six figures, should've been a lawyer. Second, anyone can volunteer! That's what a volunteer does... I commend her for her willingness to help her fellow pilots and I appreciate it, but that's not the same as flying freight at night hoping that you can beat a thunderstorm into the airport. Nor is it the same as praying that you can shake the ice off your already heavily weighted airplane before you hit the ground. It's definetely not the same as staying up half the night checking radar on your computer and worrying about how you're going to transgress a line of 4-6 thunderstorms that's building with no radar. Here's another thought for you. A lot of people help out with unions so they can list it on their resumes and so when they go for their coveted 777 job the interviewer will think it looks good. I don't know this girl but it seems to me the only thing she's interested is getting her six figures and 777 job. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's a nice person, but GIA is wrong for the profession. There are two attitudes: 1) Get good experience and tools that will help you get to your career goals, all the while learning humility, persistence, and integrity. 2) Get good experience by paying for it.

I believe that number 1 is the best way. I'm sorry PCL that I've probably stepped on your toes. I truly believe this and I think I've heard you went to GIA and I'm not saying you're a bad person, I just don't believe that's the right path our career needs to be heading. Fly safe!

Yea great she paid for her first job with $$, then the next one was preferred hiring for affirmative action. Wow something to really be proud of. Meah

Latest resources

Back