• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

great article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe if the kiddies didnt show up to fly thier RJ's with rings, bracelets, back pack, iPods, spiked hair, wearing their sunglasses on the back of thier heads and actually knew how to wear a uniform. The general public would get over the "kids in the cockpit" syndrome.
Hell, even lie to the passengers. When they ask how long you've been flying for, reply "I've been out of the Navy or Air Force for 4 yrs now"

Wayback; yeah, just lie about it, take away from the honest background of many pilots.

In one sentence you try to promote professionalism, then you ruin it by prompting young pilots to lie to their pax.

Maybe if the kiddies didnt show up to fly thier RJ's with rings, bracelets, back pack, iPods, spiked hair, wearing their sunglasses on the back of thier heads and actually knew how to wear a uniform. The general public would get over the "kids in the cockpit" syndrome.
Hell, even lie to the passengers. When they ask how long you've been flying for, reply "I've been out of the Navy or Air Force for 4 yrs now"

Bingo...

It's a general appearance thing. I never thought about it until I was riding around in the back of all these RJs crewed by kids in their early 20s who don't look like they're old enough to shave, and girls who haven't yet reached menarche.

I'll be the first to admit I was trying to be one of them when I was that age. 9/11 and a souring economy made sure I had a gray hair or three by the time I stepped foot in a Dash 8 cockpit. Had a lot more when I finally got out of it the last time....

Do you really want to give the public the impression that the 25k/yr salary their $59 ticket is supporting puts captain america in the cockpit?

I actually don't really mind this article... It is factually correct. Also, OPEC is right. Looking and acting like a professional is the first step toward actually becoming one. It also makes you much easier to work with.

Hey, if the public wants more in the way of Boeings and Airbii, then so be it. That can only help those of us still trying to make a career out of this crazy business.

As a side note, if passengers have a thing about "small" airplanes, what would happen if I picked them up in a state of the art GV or X? I guess "little" is in the eye of the beholder...

I think, if a passenger boards an RJ and says "I thought this flight was going to be on a jet," they should be arrested and charged under 121 CFR "interfering with a crew member."

I think, if a passenger boards an RJ and says "I thought this flight was going to be on a jet," they should be arrested and charged under 121 CFR "interfering with a crew member."

Had someone make that comment while waiting on us to take him to FLO. I told him the next flight was a jet and he should ask to be re-booked if he wanted to avoid the prop. He got re-booked. I wasn't there to see the reaction when the next Dash 8 pulled up..

Had someone make that comment while waiting on us to take him to FLO. I told him the next flight was a jet and he should ask to be re-booked if he wanted to avoid the prop. He got re-booked. I wasn't there to see the reaction when the next Dash 8 pulled up..
ha ha that's classic...I fly for a fractional and airline every week ...and yes A LOt of RJs ,And turboprops....I have the utmost confidence and respect for all you regional pilots , for your ability and the amount of crap you guys put up with......Unfortunately accidents do happen

Small plane for a small town Lady.

Latest resources

Back