• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

great article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Although it doesn't paint us (Regionals) in a favorable light, it is realistic of some of the fears that are out there.

All I can do is go to work and try to fly each and every leg as safely as possible to help quash some of those fears.

Ah yes...the Washington Post.

The paper so full of itself its slogan is "If you don't get it, you don't get it."

Did the writer ever make a point?
Or say anything you haven't heard before, for that matter? They've got an agenda, they want bigger, more comfortable planes with more experienced pilots.

Hey, if they want to stop producing Embraer and Bombardier products, and just stick with Boeings and Airbus, my feelings aren't hurt.

Her answer, at least for the moment, is no. She's stopped booking the regional jets operated by Skywest Airlines under the United Express banner for the 262-mile flight to San Francisco. Now she pilots her 2007 Honda SUV up the freeway to meet with her Bay Area clients.

What an idiot, who does she expect to fly her little prop plane to SFO CAptain Sully? Does she know that who ever occupies that seat lives in poverty and there is such thing as people have to start somewhere? This ridiculous fad will last maybe about another week. The American public have a very short attention span.

The regionals should have the ATP as a minimum requirement, not just the written.

Perhaps you mean a higher minimum number of hours. An hour in a Seminole with a friendly DE is all that separates a 1,500 hour Comm. pilot from an ATP. Personally, I'd prefer to see at least 1000hrs, some serious single pilot IFR, bush time, tailwheel time, basic aerobatics and/or glider time.

"Her answer, at least for the moment, is no. She's stopped booking the regional jets operated by Skywest Airlines under the United Express banner for the 262-mile flight to San Francisco. Now she pilots her 2007 Honda SUV up the freeway to meet with her Bay Area clients."

So she is 200-1000 times (depending on the statistice one uses) more likely to die on this drive than flying on an airline that has never been faulted for a single passenger fatality in its 37-year history.

I wonder how many auto fatalities are actually victims of the media fearmongers, because they chose to drive instead of fly.

Its not even a Turbo-prob SBA-SFO.. its a CRJ-2 or CRJ7...

I liked how she called the crew a couple of children!

Latest resources

Back