Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AftCG182

RIP Avantair
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gene...BC_10_01_2010_p40-251482.xml&headline=Piaggio P180 Avanti II

Things are chugging along nicely over here at Avantair, and by the looks of things around the various FBO's I've been at lately, things seem to be going well for everyone else, too.

As a group, we're heading in the right direction... Looks like the Fractional industry's going to pull through the economic mess, after all!

Nice job, everybody :beer:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gene...BC_10_01_2010_p40-251482.xml&headline=Piaggio P180 Avanti II

Things are chugging along nicely over here at Avantair, and by the looks of things around the various FBO's I've been at lately, things seem to be going well for everyone else, too.

As a group, we're heading in the right direction... Looks like the Fractional industry's going to pull through the economic mess, after all!

Nice job, everybody :beer:
Awesome! Damn, I miss the Catfish. Don't miss the airlining and the hotels, though. ;)

Quote: "In a business world growing more conscious of mitigating environmental impact, this green machine could become a rising star in corporate aviation with few peers. If Piaggio Aero were to build an Avanti III, that embraced new systems technologies and MSG-3 maintenance protocols, such stardom would be virtually guaranteed. BCA"

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Avanti III. Now we've got something to talk about! :pimp:

Hi!

Just got a turn-down email from Avantair. Applied about 8-12 months ago? Not sure why I was turned down....guessing they thought I would leave for a better job because of my experience level???

Avantair is going through a lot of internal changes to the pilots. Schedules are being revamped. No more 7/7. That has probably put a hold on hiring.
But have hope for if the "new" schedule is firmed up, there may be more attrition than usual. Stay tuned.

What's the "new schedule" proposal?

Hi!

Just got a turn-down email from Avantair. Applied about 8-12 months ago? Not sure why I was turned down....guessing they thought I would leave for a better job because of my experience level???

I wouldn't sweat it, Cliff. As previously mentioned, there are some "enhancements" being made internally as to the way things are done around here. PM me down the road a bit, maybe I can get your resume looked at again.

In regards to the internal changes, right now we're keeping things in-house. Anything that's posted on a public message board is purely speculative... There's nothing worse that a bunch of pilots with no concrete information and too much time on their hands. It's like a bunch of old biddies around the backyard fence post, flapping their lips about nothing in particular.

Last edited:
I just edited my original post so that the "right now we're keeping things in-house" will read "right now we're keeping things in-house."

Just wanted to make sure my point came across.

Don't fret over it too much. Positive changes are rarely kept in-house, and this goes for just about every company represented on FI.

Latest resources

Back