Gravediggers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Goose,

Thanks for the clarifications, I concede I spoke with generalities, and did that to cover a wide range of issues. I should have quoted you to make it easier to follow my spiel. You bring good points and I think your outlook on the matter is healthy. I am glad to hear you reinforce the statement where you state ""...but I certainly wouldn't take $20k per year to fly airplanes indefinitely. Are you kidding? My goal was to eat, pay bills, and fly. $20k ain't going to cut it for very long"", that was the jist of my point, so we are in agreement.

The comment about the phD was just offered to provide some comparisons and examples in opportunity cost, which do nothing less than prove the obvious state of disarray this industry is as at the lower levels.

Being one not interested in the airline track, I must certainly buy your philosophy of flexibility in this industry, I have to look for alternative ways to fit flying into my livelihood BY DEFAULT. My point in the last paragraph was to reinforce this very issue; a change in the valuations, I think, would go a long way towards widening the economic and professional base of the flying business rather than choking it.

I'm just tired of the same "attitude" speech that comes with most people who were advantaged enough to preach from their positions of advantage about how 'hard work' is the key to success. Once again, I spoke in general and that particular point (the wiffle bat comment) was not directed at your earlier post; you made your position on that matter crispy clear and I am in agreement with it.

Good points nonetheless. I like threads like these, people should say what they mean, of course this ain't a problem in this little board now is it? :D

Latest resources

Back