• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RustyFan

Gulfstream Pilot Action Committee

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]UPDATE NOV 17th![/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Dear fellow NJI pilots,[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]As of today, November 17, 2008 we have 109 pilots registered, and 7 pilots have been nominated. Due to the growing numbers of registered pilots and requests to extend the timeline, the organizers will extend the deadline for registration and nominations.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]The organizers of GPAC have been in contact with the leadership of NJASAP. Our effort has been a surprise welcome to the union officials. For weeks they have been discussing how to begin the communication process with our group. They are excited to have NJI pilots they can deal with directly on the upcoming issues of our integration. Captain Mark Luthi (President) has assured us that he will work to have the elected GPAC immediately protected under the Railway Labor Act. Captain Luthi has also stated that GPAC will be recognized as a voice for the NJI pilots within NJASAP. Captain Brian Ward has been tasked with overseeing the integration process between our two groups. He has made a personal declaration to work with GPAC to insure a smooth transition for both groups. These advancements are a solid start and positive move to ensuring our voice and concerns are heard within NJASAP. Eventually, NJI pilots will become full standing members of the union and will have all rights afforded to NJASAP pilots.

Remember...

[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]GPAC will only be as successful as we make it. The Key Organizers remind everyone to insure your fellow pilots have had a chance to read our outline by sending it to everyone you know. Our data base is growing with emails, but everyone deserves a chance to read about the GPAC effort. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]We understand that many fellow pilots have no history or background in union issues and have never been through this before. For those pilots we remind you that NJI has a wealth of experienced union pilots who have been down these paths before. As GPAC continues to gain steam, many of these pilots are surfacing. We encourage everyone to get informed, educate yourself, talk to one another openly and honestly and register. When we stand together, we stand united and our voice will be heard. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]There have also been a few pilots making false statements on behalf of GPAC and senior management. These statements only add to the confusion and uncertainty of many NJI pilots and serve no cause. Every line pilot at NJI deserves to know the truth, and it is GPAC's goal to insure you get it. If you hear anything which is contrary to our written statements, please contact the organizers with any questions.

It all starts with registering at [email protected]

[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Obviously, a great deal of work has gone into building a relationship with the union. If nothing else, I'm proud that we had a few guys willing to stand up and take the lead on this. My hats off to whom ever did the behind the scenes stuff to make this happen.

We now have a bridge that has opened the lines of communication between NJA/NJI pilots. All of us can be proud that we aren't throwing rocks at one another, but are working together to get this integration off on the right foot.

I have written the organizers and shared my views on what I would like to see the committee do once it is formed. Lets bury the past and create a better future.

GF

Well said.

There will soon be a section on the NJASAP website specifically for NJI pilots. I recommend all of you to give it a look. If any of you have any questions concerning the CBA, the LOA, or NJA pilots feel free to send me a PM.

The NJASAP leadership and line pilots fully welcome our new NJI brethren, and I'd like to do my part to help you all see we are all working for the same team. I feel this is only going to make NetJets a stronger more viable company for the future. Fly safe!

Last edited:
Yahoo Group

There is also a new Yahoo group set up by one of our most senior pilots at WWW.Groups.Yahoo.Com NJIGPAC is the group name! Only 23 members so far but at least it's OURS!!!

Actually after a quick search the Yahoo group's name is GPACNJI. Don't know if they will let me in since i'm am front the dreaded A side but whatever gets the communication going is a good thing.

You are correct, my bad. The group is for ALL NJI line pilots weather they came from NJA or not. However management is excluded . Thanks for the backup Twotter.

What, B19flyer hasn't chimed in here yet to share his wisdom?

j/k. . . best of luck to both groups with the integration !

He can post whatever he wants, I won't see it tho! That tool has been on ignore for a very long time now.

He can post whatever he wants.

I'll be there to call him out, bash him all day long, and call him a child molester.

All day long. Every day. I've got nothing else to do. :)

Latest resources

Back