Gouge for FEDEX Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
animal house said:
I went to Priceline to book the Homestead and the only choices I had were to name the hotel and pay their price ($54/night) or do a name your price and take my chances as to were I would stay. The only option there was to selected the airport area. Am I missing something?

I'd highly recommend NOT staying anywhere near the airport, it's an urban war zone around there. Get a hotel out on poplar or somewhere else in germantown, the rates are usually a little cheaper than the airport and it's a MUCH nicer area, still only 20 minutes from the airport. The slight inconvenience you'll have with rush hour traffic is more than offset by not having your car broken into on a nightly basis and being able to actually find a restaurant that you can walk into without getting shot.

Mr. Happy said:
Holiday Inn on Mt. Moriah...don't know what the rate is but you can walk to the Purple Church and pray on your study breaks...bring lots of $1s for the offering plate...;)

No wonder you're "Mr. Happy":beer:

Thanks Baron, Mr. Happy, FDXer and Gregorio,

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it all in and see what I can come up with. It feels good to have these kinds of problems to worry about for a change.

Cheers!

:beer:

Off subject, but since this is the poolie gouge thread I'd thought I'd share this one. It may help someone from having a heart-attack down the road.
I got the call for a class....happy times. I was told to head back down to the clinic and gave up another sample of the good stuff. Once FDX received the results, I would get the new hire packet in the mail a few days later.
The turn around time for processing the sample is about 48hrs Im told.
Here's the thing, after 1 1/2 weeks I had heard nothing. (Others in my class had days earlier). I decided to call in and was told that FDX had not received my results. Eventually someone figured out that the clinic did not send my custody form to the Lab. They denied it, but my sample was fermenting somewhere in Colorado and wasnt heading anywhere in a hurry. Fortunately, I had my custody form and faxed it in. 3 days later I got the new hire packet. Moral(s) of the story; dont trust anyone in a white coat who collects pp for a living, and keep your receipts.
I wouldnt advocate calling in for everything, but Im glad I did in this case. I'd still be sitting on my suitcase on the porch thinking wtfo?

-scate

SCATE08,

That is Good Advice for almost anything in this world. Good CYA!

Congratulation on your class date!!! See ya around the campus.

:beer:

Latest resources

Back