• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got a Niced New Car Today.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Tristar drvr, I've taken a trip or two in that cutlass at the ditch. I believe it was Argosy's out of BUR. They ran Navajo's out of BUR. My airport car is a 1980 Mercedes diesel. (No turbo) However I am the new owner of a 1979Rolls Royce convertible. Thank God gas prices are back under a dollar. At 6 miles per gallon(8 highway) it gets pretty expensive but I've never had anything run so smooth.

Here is my entry to the ugly car game...

1984 Audi 5000S. I think it has about 200,000 miles on it, but I can't be sure because the odometer hasn't moved off of 136,299 since the day I bought it. The trunk doesn't open, and the outside front right door handle doesn't work. The right rear door didn't lock (until I borrowed a welder and tacked it shut). The rear window defroster is inop and the sunroof is sealed with silicon caulk. The left rear seat is mostly absent due to a small fire of unknown origin. The horn is broken, but the little electronic OAT gauge still works, as do most of the power windows. The exhaust is a homebrew invention of my own design. It starts every time and doesn't burn or lean any oil (Its true!).

When I got furloughed, I parked it at an FBO, and someone promptly broke into it. Not that there was anything worth taking.

I would take a nice moped in trade.

Fly safe.

Latest resources

Back