• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Things happen for a reason. Don't look back!

XOJet (www.xojet) might also have an ATL base. You would fly Citation Xs or upcoming Challenger 300s. Fast growing organization but it may take awhile to hear anything (very popular among applicants). Just another option. I think Netjets would be your best choice now if you could get an interview, etc.

Good luck.

One post mentioned your "DL debacle."

has this happened before?

if so, you really ought to use the Air Inc service (or hire a PI). obviously, something's not adding up.

Have anything more constructive to say? Go hang out in the basement with Clyde frog!

People forget that Airtran is one of the few that didn't take 40% pay from and also furlough 1/3'rd of their pilots after 9/11. It is a LCC. Their new contract, whenever it happens will have some improvements and some concessions. Everbody knows what they are getting into when they go to work there. The people that just bitch and moan would do that anywhere.
Fedex, UPS and LUV; arguably the best airlines to work for right now, sucked 15 years ago. Pilots stuck to it and negotiated better terms each time contract negotiations came around. This can be done at Airtran also. It is not going to happen over night. It is the same at every airline, some will always be miserable. Make the best of what you have and move on if you are not happy. Life is too short to be miserable. Anybody that has a better offer please leave. Lots of airlines are hiring now. Just my $0.02 Fire away.

DAL was strictly the shrink. I did great the first day. Was talk to expect a class May or June. It wasn't until a week later that the shrink said I was "inconclusive". I didn't fit into the "box". Even though I passed the FFDO screening.

They called first, AirTran called second.

All my references were AirTran guys that I have known for a while. Nothing there. My chief pilot said I had a flawless record. I have no history on my DOT report. My credit score is 700+. I did check the box to get a copy of my FAA records. I have nothing to hide there.

It's something else that the VP went out of his way to change his mind. I have done nothing but praised AirTran. I've even convinced several guys to apply once I got the green light.

I'll get to the bottom of this soon.

World is also hiring and you can more or less live where you want with homebasing....

Also, a better option IMO, call Cheryl Cage. Most people know who she is, I know she can help find (wrong) info that my have popped up on your background. 888-899-2243...I think she would be more help then Air Inc. Kit just cares about $$$, Cheryl cares about your career! Good luck. Have you tried DAL or NWA? NWA may be a risk if you want to be based in ATL but if a merger does happen it may eventually be an option.

www.cageconsulting.com

I second that, Cheryl is great!, Kit Darby likes your cash!

Did you post anything crazy drinking one night? My guess would be a blackball from someone. Think about any bitter people you disagreed w/ then check out the AAI seniority list to see if they are there. Ex-lovers, failed one night stands. Do not forget about FAs.

The list in the crew room allows people to blackball people they do not like. I am not sure of the process but seems like a liability to not hire someone based on a he/she said account. You might have disagreed w/ someone for the right reasons or wrote up a FO and now they are getting even. Was one of your recomendation pilots on good standing w/ AAI?

Good luck, you will find another job. Be careful about posting on FI as they can single you out especially w/ your situation.

Latest resources

Back