Goodbye AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

After given the green light for a class on Feb 25th, I was notified today my offer was taken back. I have NO IDEA what happened.

The only thing I have been told was that is was made at the VP level. That makes no sense. The VP level people approved me for class originally.

I don't know if something on my background came up or what. So I called my current company and they said my record was immaculate. All jobs prior I left on great terms.

For the rest of my background check, I have nothing. I have never even had a speeding ticket. I was approved for FFDO 2 years back. That's a long background check.

So, I don't know what else it could be. I have no enemies who would blackball me. I am truly devastated right now. Lucky me, I didn't give a 2 weeks notice yet..

I wish I knew what happened. I wonder if something came up in error.

I am so sorry nothing I say can make it better.

Maybe the VP felt that you are to qualified and may leave and if u dont you will be a NO vote

keep ur chin up something else will come up

Man, I am so sorry to hear about that. That is just terrible of a company to offer you the class and then take it back. I hope something better comes along for you and wish you the best of luck.

Wow. That's really strange. I don't really know what to say, man. Sorry.

AirTran ain't the only game in town... You deserve to frown for couple weeks, then just turn back to the disgruntled airline pilot that we all are, and start looking again. I also know about your DL debacle, and let's say i know what you're going through:)

There's gonna be more hiring done this year, so keep your chin up, and start firing those resume out again!

Did they flat out say no thanks or put you on hold? Being a reserve CA, things are very slow right now, supposedly through next month. Flew 2 trips in the first 10 days and probably won't fly again this month. Very fat on reserves (both FO and CA) so they may have recalculated what we need. Either way, I know it sucks! Best of luck however it turns out!

Damn Dude, that sucks. I am also in the Feb 25 class. I haven't checked my messages in a few days, I hope I did not get canned also. I don't guess they gave you a reason. That really sucks. Was it a call or a letter?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back