• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I'm willing to be that AMR will not go over 3 YEARS without a contract like over at Airtran...nor will we over at UAL. How much more ******************** from MGMT are guys gonna take? One of the reasons I left I can't stand scabs in the training dept. nor a union that's infilitrated with mangament kiss asses."

Yo Yuppy,

I was over at UAL for a while and I hear you bashing AirTran. Man, you forget about the strike in 1985?? How many crossed the line and are still flying over there? Many went into the training department at UAL....

What's that phrase about stones and glass houses????

Sorry to hear this happened to anyone. IMHO they do owe you an honest explanation.

Keep your head up despite the news. As others have written, maybe it is for the better.

Alright, I've gotta ask: what's with the stapler? :)

PCL_128 said:
Alright, I've gotta ask: what's with the stapler? :)

I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

You are correct we did take a pay cut for a month then it went back to the CBA rates. Which were poor.

I believe Airtran pilots did not take a pay cut but actually had their B fund contribution stopped for a month or two after 9/11. Then, it was leaked that management had taken some bonuses after 9/11. I think all the lost B-fund money was then put back in all the pilots accounts.

Before my time at Airtran, but that is the way I heard it went down.

I believe Airtran pilots did not take a pay cut but actually had their B fund contribution stopped for a month or two after 9/11. Then, it was leaked that management had taken some bonuses after 9/11. I think all the lost B-fund money was then put back in all the pilots accounts.

Before my time at Airtran, but that is the way I heard it went down.

We took pay cuts in addition to the B-fund being stopped. None of it was ever returned.

You are correct about management taking their bonuses. They never missed a beat. Still a sore issue with a lot of us that were around then.

And the frog is right, it was a lot more than a month.

Office Space

We've noticed you have been missing a lot of work lately...

"Well I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing it Bob"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back