Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good thing SKYWEST doesn't have a union!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buscap

Here at ASA...

I could be wrong about union involvement, but the new medical plan is a clear violation of our contract...and now we get this memo...things that make you go hhhhmmmmm?

A couple of weeks ago I shared with you SkyWest, Inc.’s new health care strategy that would make the Definity HSA plan the only health care program available for ASA employees beginning 2012. As I’m sure you will agree, we could have done a better job of getting feedback from employees about the strategy prior to implementation. Since the announcement, we have received significant feedback about the need for ASA to continue offering an option for health care programs. As a result of that feedback I am working together with SkyWest, Inc. to come up with a go-forward strategy that does a better job of taking into consideration the concerns you have voiced.

Personally, I found nothing wrong with the new plan. For some folks with big families it was a shock and with a CBA in place, it was a non starter.

While I am not a flag-waving union type, I've always said not having a union in this industry is like living in a high crime area, without a gun in the house.

And if this good news trickles over to the Skywest side, like a few other things already have, you guys can say thanks by finding a way to bring back the moo-moo-cow in the ATL Moe's.

Tit for tat and all...

What WAS everybody complaining about? From the looks of it, most people would be saving money across the board. I don't understand what the fuss was about.

Perhaps my reading comprehension has taken a swim in the bowl.

Last edited:
What WAS everybody complaining about? From the looks of it, most people would be saving money across the board. I don't understand what the fuss was about.

Perhaps my reading comprehension has taken a swim in the bowl.

Like you said, "most people." There are some folks for whom the math did not work out so well. And with a CBA in place, it should be negotiated, rather than crammed down our throats, even if it is as good change.

And like all "good" policies, it should be an easy sell...if it's so "good."

The second paragraph looks like something from your management, to whom is that attributable to?

The validity of topic initiator's point assumes his inference, as to the direction of the trickle, is correct.

In any case, we are not always going to be young, healthy and childless. Thank god my wife has a good plan.

i just got diagnosed with cancer, thank god i still have the ppo, without i would be defaulting on my bills and bankrupt...... the new plan will be a nightmare for anyone that gets slammed like i did.

The new plan has a max out of pocket of $6000 for a family. ASA puts in $1000 up front. If you have an adequate emergency fund ($5000) saved up, then this should not bankrupt you. Heck, after $2400, you only pay 20% till you get to the $6000 amount. However, if you don't have an emegency fund, and are living hand mouth, then you are on the edge and the wind is blowing.

Best of luck to you.

Don't forget the policy cap is one million dollars. Spend that much and you have no insurance. The deductable resets every January 1st. Thats ok if you don't have a family with many medical bills. If you have a severe illness that won't go away you are SCREWED.

For those that are young and bulletproof, I hope you remain that way forever.

For those with a little more experience in life, you will realize that this deal ain't so sweet.

Latest resources

Back