Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good thing SKYWEST doesn't have a union!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If voting in a union means Jerry starts treating the Skywest pilots more like other pilot groups get treated....Is it still a good thing?

Even you admit ALPA sucks....Why on earth would someone risk one of the best employee/management relations for something that us members admit sucks? I don't get it....

It's Chip, not Jerry anymore, who is hands on with the SkyWest Airlines people. The employee/managment relationship has been deteriorating. Many of the guys who've been around a long time admit it's not the same SkyWest that it used to be. This profession mostly sucks and will probably continue to suck. That's a difficult thing to just accept and deal with. Many still hope there is a way to make it better (myself included). ALPA may indeed be worthless, but so is the current, so called, representative structure at SkyWest. I'd like to see something different. Also, If a Brad Holt pilot screwing was coming at you at ASA, would you be better off without your union?

I If a Brad Holt pilot screwing was coming at you at ASA, would you be better off without your union?

Um, No.

Contracts are an amazing thing...........

If voting in a union means Jerry starts treating the Skywest pilots more like other pilot groups get treated....Is it still a good thing?

Even you admit ALPA sucks....Why on earth would someone risk one of the best employee/management relations for something that us members admit sucks? I don't get it....

I already answered your question. Not having a union sucks more than having ALPA.

And dude...

You need to re-read my most. It's not ALPA flag waving drivel. And I say a lot of nice things about Skywest management.

I go all that way to be nuanced and subtle and you don't bother to properly read it?

Seriously. Re read it.

No...you will not! This is just not true and is fear mongering at best! They BOTH have a max yearly payout of around $6,000

At SkyWest the PPO for 2010 has a max yearly of $4000 and a $600 deductible vs. $6000 max yearly and 2400$ deductible for the Definity HSA. Initially the Definity HSA had a $10,000 max yearly. Like the good used car salesman that he is, Chip Away lowered the max yearly out of pocket to $6000 a few weeks after the announcement, to make it look better. I bet it goes back up to $10,000 in 2012 when we have no choice.

At SkyWest the PPO for 2010 has a max yearly of $4000 and a $600 deductible vs. $6000 max yearly and 2400$ deductible for the Definity HSA. Initially the Definity HSA had a $10,000 max yearly. Like the good used car salesman that he is, Chip Away lowered the max yearly out of pocket to $6000 a few weeks after the announcement, to make it look better. I bet it goes back up to $10,000 in 2012 when we have no choice.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Outstanding! What an amazing pile of steaming dog poop to try and sell to us!

-Thank god they can't just ram this down our throats!

Latest resources

Back