Good NJA Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crews

Fracster -- I have never seen a crew member sleeping. If I did, I would wake him up and then call NJA on the phone from mid-air. Definitely not 2 weeks later. I can say that in my flights I have probably seen about a dozen SICs (coincidentially not PICs) reading books and magazines. None were flight related. Never newspapers, and yes I know what the chart books look like that routinely get updated in flight. All of the reading took place over places like Iowa, Kansas, etc. at a cruise and never in busy areas like the Northeast. Frankly, 2 1/2 hours into a 4 or 5 hour flight with clear and open skies and the PIC awake (ha ha) and paying attention, I really don't care.

Fly safe.

Mr Owner, if you see any crewmembers reading anything in the cockpit please speak to them and kindly remind them that according to the NEW company policy they are NOT allowed to read in the cockpit. Also no Jepps revisions are allowed to be updated while in flight. Thank you. You should have the highest level of safety possible for your flight.

NJAowner said:
Fracster -- I have never seen a crew member sleeping. If I did, I would wake him up and then call NJA on the phone from mid-air. .

perhaps you should just untangle yourself from the working end of the airplane. cat napping has long been a real world issue best left to the cockpit crew to work out between themselves. here is some extra-curricular reading for you nja owner.

http://www3.azwestern.edu/psy/dgershaw/lol/PilotNap.html

SemperFido -- very interesting. It does make some sense. What happens to reaction time if both crew members take a nap?

SomeDude -- it was probably last summer last time I saw reading material and last fall doing the updates. Nothing in the past few months.
Fly safe.

NJAowner said:
And in my over 5 years with NJA (since I did renew a while back), all but a handful (and I can count them on one hand) of the pilots I have met have had class.

A fact that is backed by NJAs own statistics which shows Owner satisfaction with pilots currently remaining above 98%. Not bad.

It is amazing how much DISsatisfaction Owners are currently experiencing with NetJets Operations when pilots simply fly planes and take care of Owners as directed by the brief sheets.

This company never realized how much pilots went out of their way (with the promise of many a broken promise) to do many things NOT required by the pilot job description.

Many pilots I know don't try to make excuses for Operations any longer.

Many pilots I've talked to simply tell the cold hard truth to the Owner when something promised to them is not delivered as adveretised. We don't act as salesmen... NJA has plenty of salespersons willing to spin the truth any way the Owner wants to hear it.

Pilots at NJA fly planes and handle the Owners is a professional manner. We take care of them but we cannot insure their 100% satisfaction with the experience.

Bottom line is that NJA "management" has tried to turn this into a Domino's Pizza of aviation. Woodbridge likes the low costs associatied with it's pizza operation but they can't figure out why the cooks don't make anything except pizza for the gourmet food lovers that frequent the restaurant.

Maybe the problem is that "management" has failed to advertise NetJets properly on the sign outside which touts this establishment as a 5 star experience. This establishment on the inside looks like Domino's, smells like Domino's and pays it's people like Domino's... Minimum.

Avoid the Noid.

Last edited:
Well done FLYLOW22

Thats exactly what has happened. The success of the NJA system is highly dependent on the pilots going above and beyond. Its actually a requirement for success. NetJets has forced us to just do our jobs and nothing else.

The fractional business is very, very fluid and requires a lot of thinking on your feet and doing more than is asked. Two or three years ago I dont remember guys complaining about doing more than asked, in fact, we took pride in it.

Its very sad how things have changed.

NJAowner said:
Fracster -- I have never seen a crew member sleeping. If I did, I would wake him up and then call NJA on the phone from mid-air. Definitely not 2 weeks later. I can say that in my flights I have probably seen about a dozen SICs (coincidentially not PICs) reading books and magazines. None were flight related. Never newspapers, and yes I know what the chart books look like that routinely get updated in flight. All of the reading took place over places like Iowa, Kansas, etc. at a cruise and never in busy areas like the Northeast. Frankly, 2 1/2 hours into a 4 or 5 hour flight with clear and open skies and the PIC awake (ha ha) and paying attention, I really don't care.

Fly safe.
Do you also fly Part 135? If so, just curious if you often see a crew member not on O2 above 35,000'.

Lrjet55 said:
Well done FLYLOW22

Thats exactly what has happened. The success of the NJA system is highly dependent on the pilots going above and beyond. Its actually a requirement for success. NetJets has forced us to just do our jobs and nothing else.

The fractional business is very, very fluid and requires a lot of thinking on your feet and doing more than is asked. Two or three years ago I dont remember guys complaining about doing more than asked, in fact, we took pride in it.

Its very sad how things have changed.

As FLYFLOW22 correctly pointed out owner satisfaction surveys remain above 98%. This directly contradicts your statement that NJA is "forcing you to just do your job and nothing else". If this were true it would be reflected in the OS survey.

FLYLOW22 said:
A fact that is backed by NJAs own statistics which shows Owner satisfaction with pilots currently remaining above 98%. Not bad.

It is amazing how much DISsatisfaction Owners are currently experiencing with NetJets Operations when pilots simply fly planes and take care of Owners as directed by the brief sheets.

This company never realized how much pilots went out of their way (with the promise of many a broken promise) to do many things NOT required by the pilot job description.

Many pilots I know don't try to make excuses for Operations any longer.

Many pilots I've talked to simply tell the cold hard truth to the Owner when something promised to them is not delivered as adveretised. We don't act as salesmen... NJA has plenty of salespersons willing to spin the truth any way the Owner wants to hear it.

Pilots at NJA fly planes and handle the Owners is a professional manner. We take care of them but we cannot insure their 100% satisfaction with the experience.

Bottom line is that NJA "management" has tried to turn this into a Domino's Pizza of aviation. Woodbridge likes the low costs associatied with it's pizza operation but they can't figure out why the cooks don't make anything except pizza for the gourmet food lovers that frequent the restaurant.

Maybe the problem is that "management" has failed to advertise NetJets properly on the sign outside which touts this establishment as a 5 star experience. This establishment on the inside looks like Domino's, smells like Domino's and pays it's people like Domino's... Minimum.

Avoid the Noid.

If our owners were getting a Domino's pizza experience, you would already be out of a job.

Latest resources

Back