Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Plainsman

Governor and Local Officials Meet with Delta

Updated:var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Apr 23, 2008 5:51 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date); April 23, 2008 04:51 PM CDT
if (document.layers) {document.write(''); document.close();}coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100', 'wnsz_20', 'News');
pxl_trans.gif

c_hb_tl.gif
Stay Informed and Help Us Cover The NewsEmails from WSFA 12 News
Stay informed up to the minute. Sign up for Breaking News and What We're Working On emails from WSFA 12 News.
Talk to WSFA 12 News About This Story
pxl_trans.gif

There's a major difference in the Delta connection in Montgomery.
Thursday Governor Riley and city leaders met with top Delta officials to discuss the progress of the service in Montgomery. Riley scheduled the meeting in January when the airline visited Montgomery to make improvements in its untimely connection flights.
City leaders call the change in service "polarizing. The grade of customer service in the capitol city is setting a new benchmark for the entire region.
The Montgomery Regional Airport is taking the opportunity to create a new ad campaign to attract new businesses and to change over to an all-jet service.
The airport says their new found success with the Delta connection is helping them create new contracts across the region. During the next few weeks the airport authority will host a large group of mayors from cities in the area to show them what the new revitalized airport has to offer.

Surely there has to be some good things down the road in the way of larger A/C and possibly growth for ASA due to our outstanding performance improvements.

Surely there has to be some good things down the road in the way of larger A/C and possibly growth for ASA due to our outstanding performance improvements.

Brad is doing an amazing job of leading ASA. We are cleaning up our house. We need to continue to do so, and I believe we will land some future flying with Delta or other Carriers as well. The greatest thing Brad has done has focused his energies on changing MANAGEMENTS ATTITUDES TOWARDS THE FRONT LINES. And it has made all the difference. According to his last letter, Crew Delays are about NIL. GFY Brian ledusche and Skippy. Y'all sucked and proved you have NO competence ever running an airline. I wish Brad would clear out the rest of the old ASA guard too. But I believe in his leadership and with it good things will come.

Trojan

Agree with the above, however, larger RJ's will continue to go to Comair, Skywest and Pinnacle.
ASA was not told to stop hiring/upgrading for no reason.

Agree with the above, however, larger RJ's will continue to go to Comair, Skywest and Pinnacle.
ASA was not told to stop hiring/upgrading for no reason.

Who knows? SkyWest is hiring minimally as well. Right now there is so much up in the air. Nobody knows what is going to happen. ASA needs to continue providing a quality service and we'll get something sooner or later. Remember ASA HAS to grow or it gets expensive. SkyWest has had explosive growth the last 2 years. I believe it's our turn next. Additionally SkyWest just lost the B gates in SLC as well as their B Crew Lounge (old ASA's). This per Delta. Some redirecting is going on, and only MGMT has the bigger picture. We're just waiting, but I certainly don't believe for a minute the sky is falling. It's Spring and we're about to grow.

Trojan

If you guys get bigger airplanes Skywest will just take them away anyway...aren't you guys their beating stick.

If you guys get bigger airplanes Skywest will just take them away anyway...aren't you guys their beating stick.

The 90's were originally ASA's. ASA pilots refused to take a pay cut (aka whooring ourselves out) to get them. I believe if ASA can continue down the path of great service and continue getting better we will get them. The ATL market is much more lucrative than SLC. There is more of a need in ATL for them.

Trojan

I Agree....

Brad is doing an amazing job of leading ASA. We are cleaning up our house. We need to continue to do so, and I believe we will land some future flying with Delta or other Carriers as well. The greatest thing Brad has done has focused his energies on changing MANAGEMENTS ATTITUDES TOWARDS THE FRONT LINES. And it has made all the difference. According to his last letter, Crew Delays are about NIL. GFY Brian ledusche and Skippy. Y'all sucked and proved you have NO competence ever running an airline. I wish Brad would clear out the rest of the old ASA guard too. But I believe in his leadership and with it good things will come.

Trojan

I really think he is doing good things overall. Now if he would just fire that evil Satanic wench whore Eva, we would all be a lot better off! She must really have some good dirt on some really important people to still be here!

I really think he is doing good things overall. Now if he would just fire that evil Satanic wench whore Eva, we would all be a lot better off! She must really have some good dirt on some really important people to still be here!

I'm told, unfortunately, that she's a very strong manager. I don't think she will go anywhere soon, unfortunately. I wish all the old ASA guard would go. I'm also told Lisa W. has been promoted to VP of paper towels! You go Lisa! This because Mr. Holt wanted to fire her, but she threatened lawsuits over gender discrimination. (And a nice article in some dumb publication in ATL.) None of this is substantiated, but it would still be fun to be a fly on the wall in some of the exec meetings!

Trojan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back