Good news from SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excellent!!

Really good to hear things moving again........Congrats to you guys!

Wait'in my turn,

Icebergclub

Got clearance direct LUV...EFC 2/3/03

Hey gang,

LL called today and offered me the Feb 3rd class. I took it no questions asked and got the wee test out of the way too. Can't wait to see you all in Dallas. Everyone else in the pool hang on it's coming fast. :D

Last edited:
Congrats!

Congrats to all who are toweling off, may your pool drain as quickly as your first beer in DAL!

Best wishes,

USNFDX

Congrats!

To Slug, Qxeplt, DH200 and the rest of you poolies getting calls from LL:

Congrats!

Yahtz

P.S. UGAPilotDawg is alright. SWA made a fine selection in taking PilotDawg. We went to the Sugarbowl with him and his wife. A great time, except for the shock factor. FSU's led baton twirler (juggler) is a dude in tights and slippers. :eek:

Hey gang. I got the call from LL friday inviting me to the 3 Feb class. It was actually a phone message. I replied in the affirmative! Will get back with her on monday in person. Will see all in dallas.

Cheers

What is upgrade time running at SWA these days. I am just curious I am no where near getting there. I know they are one of the few that are hiring these days and wondering what the waiting period is to upgrade at all bases.
thanks
D

Illini,
It could be as little as 5 years if you want to be on reserve in a junior base (OAK). More if you want a senior base; I don't even want to guess how many years of seniority the most junior captain in DAL has.
Tell Rick W I said hi. I went through the program 90-93 through CFII/MEI. Ricky gave me the MEI himself!
Now I just get greif every time I come into CMI because our supplemental air conditioner went up in smoke last summer once when we were on the ground. Of all the luck...

Advice from poolies or Lindsey L

Hey Ya'll,

First of all, congrats on all the progress with training dates. Honestly, I'm a little jealous.

I am going to call LL Mon on this, but thought I would get some advice from others.

I want to go fly with another ANG unit for about 90 days in the desert. I think I may be near the top of the stack for interviews. Do you think I'll be OK to deploy for 90 days in Feb and not worry about getting a call for an interview?

I sure appreciate the advice. Ya'll take care and fly safe,

SR

Have fun!

Do the 90 days..... even IF 1/2 of the rumors are true about a rapid drain on the currentl pool, doubt if interviews will start before June or July.... just a guess!

Tred

PS - BIG congRATS to all who are heading to DAL - hope to be following you all soon with towel in hand!!!!!

CEO (retired) Pool Rat, Inc.

Skyrunner,

Please be sure to let us know what LL say when you call. There are several people in your shoes right now.

Chaz

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back