Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Napoleon TNT said:
So, where is the good news?

No crap. 10 saabs gone by January. 13 CRJs delayed delivery. XJ bankruptcy around the corner. 85 seat avros at paycut rates??? :erm: Nice swift kick in the johnson today.

Only one thing to do...we have to act fast ....I say WE agree to pay THEM $75/hr to fly their....I mean NWA's Avro's...that aught to catch those pikers sleeping!

WMU,

This only applies to probationary pilots, if you aren't one, my apologies.

Unfortunately, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, newhires (probationary pilots) are not allowed to vote on any anything affecting our contract. You are still under the "apprentice" title and have no voting rights. You are, however, covered by the contract as long as it is in force.

This play, written and directed by NWA, will have more plot twists to come and probably will get even more rough on XJ and 9E before things smooth out but they will smooth out. Hang in there. We are all along for the ride.

Fly

Last edited:
nwaredtail said:
Also, the MEC has given up the fight for the 70seaters. They don't think Pinnacle/Mesaba will get them, probably the 3rd carrier allowed under the "bridge agreement". Not that we care who gets them.

Thanks for the info. Please care about who gets the 70's. I would hate to see them go to anyone other than reds. I hope that the furloughs could be on them. I can't even imagine how it must suck for all those years for the guys that want to come back. All I hope for Mesaba is that we keep what we have, with the Saab, Avro and CRJ's. Here's to hope that we will. Alot will depend on how much your MEC cares for the younger NWA pilots vs. the I just want to make it out of here att.

WMUSIGPI said:
True this is my first "shafting" at a 121 carrier but it's certainly not my first ever... I have taken my share of lumps in the 141 world and the 135 world too. I will take a layoff before I vote for any concessions... I have to have something before I could give it back.... I am not going to be a party to throwing away all the work the guys before me did to get the contract where it is today

Do you have go somewhere to learn how to be such a douche??? Or does it just come on it's own? There are just some people I just can't feel sorry for when it comes to a furlough/concessions/etc. Any shafting you receive is of your own doing.

chalupacapt said:
Do you have go somewhere to learn how to be such a douche??? Or does it just come on it's own? There are just some people I just can't feel sorry for when it comes to a furlough/concessions/etc. Any shafting you receive is of your own doing.

Call me dense...but I'm going to have to ask that you elaborate.

chalupacapt said:

I am a little lost on that one too. Maybe he replied to the wrong thread.

chalupacapt said:

In fact, I think there is somewhere you can learn that trade.... heard its called Gulfstream Academy, but its gonna cost you a little money... Hope that helps Chalupa.

N4niner206 said:
In fact, I think there is somewhere you can learn that trade.... heard its called Gulfstream Academy, but its gonna cost you a little money... Hope that helps Chalupa.

I can only aspire to be as big of a douche as him (SIGPI). I'll have to give that Gulfstream place a call.

Chalupa, just make sure to let me know where you apply next so I can make sure to not send my application there. I'd hate to inconvience your privilged arse. Maybe if you had actually worked to get where you are like some of us "whiners" instead of having mom and dad hand it all to you, you might actually give a damn when your income gets F---ed with. I don't get to run home to my parents when we are laid off.

Latest resources

Back