Good news for Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nwaredtail

I heard from our webboard that our MEC was asked to allow 85 seats in the AVRO's and that they are still in the NWA reservations system well into next year. Basic posturing by NWA to get reduced fees. Mesaba folks will be asked for the typical paycut to allow this is happen.

I don't think they are going anywhere real soon....

Also, the MEC has given up the fight for the 70seaters. They don't think Pinnacle/Mesaba will get them, probably the 3rd carrier allowed under the "bridge agreement". Not that we care who gets them.

Thought the Mesaba folks would like the news,

What a novel idea rather than flying a 69 seat jet for Saab pay let's offer it as an 85 seat jet for Beech 1900 pay..... Kicking us in the balls anymore won't do any good ... can't feel anything from all the previous kicks

WMUSIGPI said:
What a novel idea rather than flying a 69 seat jet for Saab pay let's offer it as an 85 seat jet for Beech 1900 pay..... Kicking us in the balls anymore won't do any good ... can't feel anything from all the previous kicks
I was j/s on mainline back home last week. The capt was talking about NEWCO and how its gonna suck. He said we all (NWA, XJ, and 9E) need to get together and fight. And I agreed. Its a lot easier for management to pick us off one at a time, but if all red tail pilots took a stand, I think we could accomplish more and bleed less. but then again with NW in BK......management and the judge will probably be able to implament whatever they d@mn well please.

good luck to all, we're gonna need it

WMUSIGPI said:

What previous kicks? You aren't even off your green line yet are you? I love how this newbie talks like he has been around the block a few times.

DetoXJ said:
What previous kicks? You aren't even off your green line yet are you? I love how this newbie talks like he has been around the block a few times.

I know what you mean DetoX, but c'mon give the kid a break. Let's just hope he has more of a team mentality as opposed to a 'me' mentality.

Rook

DetoXJ said:

No sh*t. This was probably the same guy that just a few month ago people were telling him "Your getting on at a good time". Give him a break. Even if he has just arrived on the property at least he's got the redtail mentality of "don't even think of asking for more you a-holes"

True this is my first "shafting" at a 121 carrier but it's certainly not my first ever... I have taken my share of lumps in the 141 world and the 135 world too. I will take a layoff before I vote for any concessions... I have to have something before I could give it back.... I am not going to be a party to throwing away all the work the guys before me did to get the contract where it is today

WMUSIGPI said:
True this is my first "shafting" at a 121 carrier but it's certainly not my first ever... I have taken my share of lumps in the 141 world and the 135 world too. I will take a layoff before I vote for any concessions... I have to have something before I could give it back.... I am not going to be a party to throwing away all the work the guys before me did to get the contract where it is today

Keep that tough attitude, we will ALL need it over the next few months!!!!

Latest resources

Back