• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good news and Bad news for MESA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If USAJet is such a great place to work, why spend so much time reminding everyone about it on thread after tiresome, totally unrelated thread?

PS. (Since thread hijack is complete): I hope JO swings in the breeze.

We are a small company

If USAJet is such a great place to work, why spend so much time reminding everyone about it on thread after tiresome, totally unrelated thread?

PS. (Since thread hijack is complete): I hope JO swings in the breeze.
Since we are not widely known any chance to get our name in public for free, why not. Until I am banned from this site, I will bring up USA Jet Airlines any time I want. USA Jet is the finest DA-20 operator in the business. We feel our training program is good enough to train anyone who has basic flying skills. USA Jet does all of its training under Part 121 N & O; the DA-20 has 5 weeks of full time ground school prior to starting sim training, which runs one week and 25 hours for F/O's. All DA-20 F/O's receive 25 hours of supervised IOE prior to being released to line operations, we observe 100 min time in seat for pairing restrictions and in the past have turned down trips because of only low time pairs available. We have not hired a Captain off the street since 1998. Our safety record speaks for it self and is the standard for the industry. No training is done in airplanes on ride along legs. We have had pilots go to major airlines and tell us, except for fancy bells and whistles, the USA Jet training was as good as they got at their major. No USA Jet pilot has failed training at his next job. At an unnamed national passenger operator, 50% of the new hire pilots washed out of DC-9 training, USA Jet pilots had a 100% pass rate based upon their USA Jet Training. Some pilots hired by a large player in the business waived all testing and sim evals for USA Jet pilots, because of the known quality of their USA Jet Training. While in full time ground school you are paid full pay of $34 K per year to start? We have program on track for 6-figure pay in 6 years for all Captains. 10 hard days off every 28 day bid period. While in a duty status, you have to live in the immediate YIP area. Pilots are expected to assist in loading and unloading cargo. Benefits are good with a Blue Cross/Blue Shield plan you would be eligible for after 90 days. Pay goes up for F/O’s $2/hr in the 3rd year. Captain could be as early as a year, depends upon turnover and growth. Company covers all hotel costs on the road and gives the pilots $1.83 per hour pre-diem while away from YIP to cover meals. Time away from home is the luck of the draw, one guy’s fly’s 80 hours and is gone from home 6 days, and the next guy flies 45 hours and is gone 12 days. Some guys spend one night a month in a hotel way from home, but fly many night time round trips. It is a non-sked, hence no schedule. How am I doing?

Since we are not widely known any chance to get our name in public for free, why not. Until I am banned from this site, I will bring up USA Jet Airlines any time I want. USA Jet is the finest DA-20 operator in the business. We feel our training program is good enough to train anyone who has basic flying skills. USA Jet does all of its training under Part 121 N & O; the DA-20 has 5 weeks of full time ground school prior to starting sim training, which runs one week and 25 hours for F/O's. All DA-20 F/O's receive 25 hours of supervised IOE prior to being released to line operations, we observe 100 min time in seat for pairing restrictions and in the past have turned down trips because of only low time pairs available. We have not hired a Captain off the street since 1998. Our safety record speaks for it self and is the standard for the industry. No training is done in airplanes on ride along legs. We have had pilots go to major airlines and tell us, except for fancy bells and whistles, the USA Jet training was as good as they got at their major. No USA Jet pilot has failed training at his next job. At an unnamed national passenger operator, 50% of the new hire pilots washed out of DC-9 training, USA Jet pilots had a 100% pass rate based upon their USA Jet Training. Some pilots hired by a large player in the business waived all testing and sim evals for USA Jet pilots, because of the known quality of their USA Jet Training. While in full time ground school you are paid full pay of $34 K per year to start? We have program on track for 6-figure pay in 6 years for all Captains. 10 hard days off every 28 day bid period. While in a duty status, you have to live in the immediate YIP area. Pilots are expected to assist in loading and unloading cargo. Benefits are good with a Blue Cross/Blue Shield plan you would be eligible for after 90 days. Pay goes up for F/O’s $2/hr in the 3rd year. Captain could be as early as a year, depends upon turnover and growth. Company covers all hotel costs on the road and gives the pilots $1.83 per hour pre-diem while away from YIP to cover meals. Time away from home is the luck of the draw, one guy’s fly’s 80 hours and is gone from home 6 days, and the next guy flies 45 hours and is gone 12 days. Some guys spend one night a month in a hotel way from home, but fly many night time round trips. It is a non-sked, hence no schedule. How am I doing?
please go away

I love it. Just another example of the fact that 90% of the rumors in aviation are just that!

Mesa Air Group, Inc. Announces Amendment to Senior Staff Employment Agreements
Tuesday November 20, 4:30 pm ET

PHOENIX, Nov. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announces that its Board of Directors approved certain amendments to the employment agreements for its Chief Executive Officer, Jonathan G. Ornstein, its President and Chief Operating Officer, Michael J. Lotz, and its Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Brian S. Gillman.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065)
[SIZE=-2]Source: Mesa Air Group, Inc.[/SIZE]
· [SIZE=-1]Click Here to Download Image[/SIZE]
The amendments extend the terms of their respective employment agreements for an additional three years. Mr. Gillman also received an increase in his base salary and is now entitled to an annual deferred compensation payment, which will also be payable through the remaining term of his employment agreement in the event of a change in control of the Company.
Dan Altobello, the Lead Director of the Company's Board of Directors, stated, "Ten years ago, when I joined the Board and Jonathan Ornstein and Mike Lotz joined Mesa, the Company had revenue of $423 million and had lost $54 million in the previous fiscal year. Since that time we have grown to over $1.4 billion in revenue, and since 9/11 earned operating profits on a pro-forma basis in 26 of 27 quarters, regained our partnership with United Airlines, formed a new partnership with Delta, added approximately 150 regional jets to our fleet, named Regional Airline of the Year in 2005 and provided unsurpassed job security and opportunity for our employees. All this was achieved during what has to have been the most difficult environment for airlines in history. The Board of Directors strongly believes that given the challenges the Company faces today it was important to demonstrate our support of management and to ensure the continuing services of Jonathan, Mike and Brian. We are similarly pleased that these members of our executive team have indicated their long term commitment to the Company by agreeing to extend the terms of their employment agreements for the additional three years." "I am thankful to have had the opportunity to be part of the Mesa team for the past nine years. On behalf of Mike and Brian, I'd like to thank the Board for their support. I look forward to working with my Mesa co-workers in the coming years. While we face some significant challenges ahead -- this is nothing new to Mesa. I am confident that by working together we will continue to be successful," said Jonathan Ornstein.

I love it. Just another example of the fact that 90% of the rumors in aviation are just that!

Mesa Air Group, Inc. Announces Amendment to Senior Staff Employment Agreements
Tuesday November 20, 4:30 pm ET

PHOENIX, Nov. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announces that its Board of Directors approved certain amendments to the employment agreements for its Chief Executive Officer, Jonathan G. Ornstein, its President and Chief Operating Officer, Michael J. Lotz, and its Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Brian S. Gillman.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065)
[SIZE=-2]Source: Mesa Air Group, Inc.[/SIZE]
· [SIZE=-1]Click Here to Download Image[/SIZE]
The amendments extend the terms of their respective employment agreements for an additional three years. Mr. Gillman also received an increase in his base salary and is now entitled to an annual deferred compensation payment, which will also be payable through the remaining term of his employment agreement in the event of a change in control of the Company.
Dan Altobello, the Lead Director of the Company's Board of Directors, stated, "Ten years ago, when I joined the Board and Jonathan Ornstein and Mike Lotz joined Mesa, the Company had revenue of $423 million and had lost $54 million in the previous fiscal year. Since that time we have grown to over $1.4 billion in revenue, and since 9/11 earned operating profits on a pro-forma basis in 26 of 27 quarters, regained our partnership with United Airlines, formed a new partnership with Delta, added approximately 150 regional jets to our fleet, named Regional Airline of the Year in 2005 and provided unsurpassed job security and opportunity for our employees. All this was achieved during what has to have been the most difficult environment for airlines in history. The Board of Directors strongly believes that given the challenges the Company faces today it was important to demonstrate our support of management and to ensure the continuing services of Jonathan, Mike and Brian. We are similarly pleased that these members of our executive team have indicated their long term commitment to the Company by agreeing to extend the terms of their employment agreements for the additional three years." "I am thankful to have had the opportunity to be part of the Mesa team for the past nine years. On behalf of Mike and Brian, I'd like to thank the Board for their support. I look forward to working with my Mesa co-workers in the coming years. While we face some significant challenges ahead -- this is nothing new to Mesa. I am confident that by working together we will continue to be successful," said Jonathan Ornstein.
heartbreaking....

Latest resources

Back