• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good job ASA alpa....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least some of us get it. ASA is not bidding on any flying, Skywest INC is. So even if Skywest wins some mesa flying do you people think Jerry will go "we need to give it to ASA because I need to take care of those guys". Or will he say "great! more United flying for our Skywest boys, lets pull those ATL planes back and max out the lines over here. Plan on pulling some of those 20 airframes from ASA per the contract over here also. And Brad nice job on PBS, but downgrade about 100 captains to lower you cost even more. And hey Brad what should we buy with our bonus checks from this?"
10 year captian "how do I bid for reserve" 8 year captian "How much fuel would you like sir? I'll be back after the walkaround" 5 year FO "Cool I don't have to upgrade for 5 more years" Will it happen either way, possibly but easier to swallow if not self inflicted and made easier to do with pbs.

It must miserable looking at life through that prism all the time. What I expect Jerry Atkins to is to make money. You don't make money by cutting off your own nose to spite your face. SkyWest Inc will not do it either unless forced into a corner. ASA makes money even in this environment. The idea for it make even more and you never shrink your way to profits.

However, I hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I don't see what your ideas coming to fruition but you never know. Until then, you'll save yourself quite a bit of grief if you lose that mindset. It is nothing more than poison to those you deal with you on a day to day basis. A term that covers it is gravedigger. You can end right there with no way to climb out or worse, you push in someone else. Either way, nothing good comes from it.

Regards :beer:

It must miserable looking at life through that prism all the time. What I expect Jerry Atkins to is to make money. You don't make money by cutting off your own nose to spite your face. SkyWest Inc will not do it either unless forced into a corner. ASA makes money even in this environment. The idea for it make even more and you never shrink your way to profits.

However, I hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I don't see what your ideas coming to fruition but you never know. Until then, you'll save yourself quite a bit of grief if you lose that mindset. It is nothing more than poison to those you deal with you on a day to day basis. A term that covers it is gravedigger. You can end right there with no way to climb out or worse, you push in someone else. Either way, nothing good comes from it.

IAD works good for flow of aircraft to from CAE/ATL. It would make sense. Inc's goal is be the best operator at the cheapest cost. ASA unit costs go down if we grow. It's a simple fact.

Trojan

Ok I know looking at my posts that it looks like I am very anti company and I was before Brad showed up. He has made a difference here and I want that to continue. But like you said Skywest is in the business of making money. I have only been freaked out by people thinking pbs should be given up so easally. I thought as big a card to be played would not be given up so fast. How about this for example. Why not continue with the stipulation that it goes into effect IF more flying is awarded to us. We get it ready to go, practice with the software, the company bids on flying with the cost savings in place, and if we get the award we flip the switch. I would miss the current systems soft pay but I would vote yes for guaranteed benifet. Everyone says we have to do this to be more competitive to get more flying so we can grow, so why not demand growth as a stipulation? My gripe is we give it up for small improvements that we could negotiate in the next contract anyway.

I say let socrates1 speak his ignorant mind so that we know where he stands. So long as he is not using racist terms, he should have the freedom to speak his dumba$$ mind.

Along those lines I would like to say that white people suck! (TIC)

I say let socrates1 speak his ignorant mind so that we know where he stands. So long as he is not using racist terms, he should have the freedom to speak his dumba$$ mind.

Along those lines I would like to say that white people suck! (TIC)

+2, actually.

Let socrates1 have his say,

and,

he is a moron.

He's not yelling 'fire' in a theater, or a crowded RJ, is he? Also, for all the back and forth between General Lee, Tanker Clown, 737pylot, el al., that the exalted moderators allow and even encourage, it's pretty silly that this is what gets singled out as going over the line. What is it, you guys will go for pumping up your number of hits by the General's way, but not by someone expressing an admittedly ignorant opinion? Sheesh.

Then I suggest you worry about getting 60% of capt. pay for FOs and let ASA pilots worry about the PBS TA....In other words we don't really care what you think....Go lecture the Pinnacle pilots about their TA that undercuts all of us....

Says the scumbag POS that tried to abbrogate another pilot groups contract by suiing them!

You're a blubbering idiot. I'm embarrassed you're on my seniority list. Don't go away mad, just go the F*%$ away please. Thank you.

Trojan

Truth is a pretty scary thing isn't it you fat tub-o-lard. Guess that's why they say ignorance is bliss! You must be the most blissfull person in the world!!!

Truth is a pretty scary thing isn't it you fat tub-o-lard. Guess that's why they say ignorance is bliss! You must be the most blissfull person in the world!!!

fat tub-o-lard? LMAO! Grade school intellect....Don't forget to pop your zits before showing up to work, Chicken Little. Most blissful when it comes to you and your ridiculous ignorance. Look me up, idiot. I can't wait to meet you...

Trojan

Some of you guys are unbelieveable! Hey let's give it all away and hope Brad takes care of us! Tell ya what, what really makes us so expensive is all of you super senior guys that seem to want to sell out. So, if you really want to make ASA competitive, why don't all of yall quit, then we won't have to sell the farm. Oh, and by the way, I posted a thread on here last month telling all of you that Skywest would start flying 200's in atl, and we would shrink more. Funny how most of you shouted me down then, but now you all can finally see the forest for the trees. We will shrink further, and once we are small enough to manage, we will be "merged" with the Skywest pilots. It won't be fair and equitalble because Skywest wants the union gone. They will do everything possible to keep the Skywest pilots happy so when the union vote comes, their 3000 pilots will out vote our 1000. It's coming, like it or not. We will all be assimilated into the Morman culture. Atleast Joe can get another wife, because the first one.......Damn!

You are one bitter dude who really hates this place...Why don't YOU quit?

I find it funny that you blame PBS on the "senior crowd" who want to "sell you out"...I suspect that I am one of the few in the "senior crowd" who support PBS. Most of us the top will take a QOL hit with PBS...I only support it because I think it will help us grow, which helps the JUNIOR folks more than it does the SENIOR folks...For that, I am attacked by the very people that would benefit most by growth....

You are one bitter dude who really hates this place...Why don't YOU quit?

I find it funny that you blame PBS on the "senior crowd" who want to "sell you out"...I suspect that I am one of the few in the "senior crowd" who support PBS. Most of us the top will take a QOL hit with PBS...I only support it because I think it will help us grow, which helps the JUNIOR folks more than it does the SENIOR folks...For that, I am attacked by the very people that would benefit most by growth....

Joe,

Goes to show you that you cannot fix stupid. No matter how hard you try!

Trojan

Latest resources

Back